Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

Panel Maker

Guest Eagle

I thought that Matthew Horridge had uploaded a Panel Maker. Can someone tell me where to find it?

Guest Jan

Hello Wayne. I don't belive it's released yet. I got mine on e-mail from Matthew. He's a good man, so he'll probably send you a copy too :) Take careJan

Guest Eagle

Thanks for the reply, Jan. Are you designing any panels using his program? I have been considering making some panels. Does the program connect the systems, or must you do that yourself?Thanks.

Guest Jan

I have not used it in depth, so I don't know if it connects the systems or not.Matthew or Alejandro might answer that.I use it for already build systems,and mostly for locating all the gauges on a panel.Then it's superb.Using seconds instead of hours.There is a few bugs if I use it's pnl files in FlyII, like a few instruments that don't work properly or at all.But then I copy the original info for those gauges into the pnl file instead, and everything works OK.Don't know if it's my fault,or a bug in the Panel Maker.But if you'r in for some panel designing, you need this program for sure.Also for making needle animations.So far very easy to use.He's done a great job. :)JanBTW here is an updated cabin/passenger view with some working instruments.

Guest Eagle

Looks great Jan. Is this something you plan on uploading? We sure could use some new aircraft. The pilot and co-pilot are very life like.

Guest tonyc

Wayne, send me your e-mail if you don't hear from Mathew.tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Wayne,At this point, Panel Maker "only" (as if that wasn't enough) makes PANEL creation extremely easy. All the necessary and optional parameters are shown on the properties for the gauge. You may also want to download the Fly!_Gauge_Reference_v01.PDF if you're going to start creating panels.The only "problem" right now is that if you import an existing panel file into Panel Maker, all your comments are lost. So, if you started "manually", then import the file into Panel Maker but save it with a different name. Use Panel Maker on this new file and then cut and paste into your "manually" created file. If you start from scratch with Panel Maker then, if you want, you can add the comments once you're done with everything.Also, Panel Maker uses a certain order for the different parameters which is different from that of the default aircraft panel files, so it may be a little bit confusing if you're trying to compare entries for a gauge created in panel maker against one from a default aircraft.Systems creation is a completely different ball game. I must say though, that Jean Sabatier's document (ACBUILD01.ZIP) on aicraft modeling is extremely helpful and well written. It's been of invaluable help in the buidling of the S-76's systems. The only way to learn is by starting to explore and "read" existing aicraft files to understand the "logic" ;-) behind them.Give it a try and let me know if you get stuck along the way.We need more aicraft/panel/systems designers. I started about a year ago and right now I feel I'm starting to understand how things work (or are supposed to work).Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p..._aamigorena.jpg

Guest Eagle

"I started about a year ago and right now I feel I'm starting to understand how things work (or are supposed to work)."That is not very incouraging, but I am willing to learn. Want to take a break from creating airport scenery. Perhaps someone will take up where I have left off. There are a lot of airports out there.Thanks for your suggestions, Alejandro, they will certainly help. I am sure I will be asking for your help after I get started with the panels.I am wondering what the impact is on using gauges from other aircraft when creating a panel for a plane. Would there be a copyright problem? Anyone want to tackle that?Thanks to all.

Guest Jan

Wayne, did you receive my e-mail through Avsim? If not, mail me atjmherigs@broadparkn.no (remove the n from broadpark)Jan

Guest Eagle

Jan, I have not been home for several days. Using another computer at present. Should be able to check my email this evening and I will let you know.

Guest Eagle

Alejandro, I have looked in Development and Miscellaneous but cannot find the two files you reference.Where can I find them?

Guest Fly II Pilot

Wayne,The ACBUILD01.ZIP file that contains a word file is in ROTW's site. Here's the link: http://fichiers.simvol.org/fly/fly_2/ACBUILD01.zipThe other one is a TRI file but I can't remember where I got it from. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send it to you as an attachment.I forgot to mention that there are also very useful reference documents at www.flydevelopers.com that you should download.Hope this helps,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p..._aamigorena.jpg