Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Terrascene User I need some Guideance

Guest pilotsim7828

Hello To all the Ts2.1 User.Problems has arisen agian.......As by looking at the attached pic, There seems to me like TS2.1 Was finished , And looking at the paint line that I drew it was finished.But, Looking more closely It seems to keep going , And Going ,Just like the Enegizer bunny :) It is a very Large File, And with 1 pod file in the Scenery folder of 178 MBI clicked the box 1 GOLBAL TILE, But is that for 1 area , Or is that for 1 section of this large file ?this has been runing now for 12 hours ,MAKE IT STOP Thank for your helpJeff

Guest Eagle

Will CTRL-ALT-DELETE make it stop?

Guest pilotsim7828

Hello Eagle;:-lol :-lol Yes That did stop it , But It did`nt finish like I hoped it would.Now to redo everything all over agianWould I need to start the process in smaller global tiles , Or can I reparse the whole scenery again From West Texas to East TexasForm Lubbock To San Angelo.......... That`s a big area :(

I would suggest that you make no more than 1 global tile at a time - that's just one of those solid-lined squares! The dashed lines are the 1/4-tile segments. It looks like you may have selected about 32 global tiles! Let's see...at an average of 4 hours a global tile (2 hours render - 2 hours slice), your computer would have been rendering and slicing for over 5 days (though it might have locked up before it finished). :-lolIt is a good thing that you checked the global tile setting - even if you select more than a global tile (such as doing 4 at once) the output files would have been separated into global tile increments so that Fly! would be able to handle the scenery loading.

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

Thanks Randall;I guess you hit the nail on the head on that one;O.K let me ask you another Q;when you hit the check mark, SNAP TO TILE.does that allign every tile perfectly ?Thanks for your help sirreguardsJeffP.S, I wonder why I`m not getting the post sent to my Email ?

>when you hit the check mark, SNAP TO TILE.>does that allign every tile perfectly ?Yep - it really makes it quite easy. When you select a tile with SNAP TO TILE selected, draw the box a little larger than the tile boundary. Then, when you release the mouse button, TS will "snap" your boundary back exactly to the tile borders. This is really important with adjoining tiles - they should connect seamlessly when you fly.P.S. I also have not been receiving notification on posts - I stopped receiving e-mail notices when the forums went down and they had to rebuild them...it's really frustrating, as I'm sure I'm going to miss a post somewhere!

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

Thanks for your help here RandallRegaurdsJeff