Sign in to follow this  

Big flaw in Fly!II flight model !!! :(((

Do the following:.Start Fly!II, say, at KSFO..Choose the Aurora B200.Unload any weight (even the pilot seat).Set Fuel quantity to 181 gal.Just start engines.Set FULL flaps.Set full throttle and take off.Just after take off, CUT OFF ENGINES (AND THROTTLE) AND FEATHER PROPS..NOW YOU CAN CLIMB AS LONG AS YOU WANT, DESPITE THE STALL WARNING!!! THE AIRPLANE ACCELERATES WHILE CLIMBING!!!I really love this wonderful sim, but I have to admit this flaw really disappointed me... :(((

Guest Fly II Pilot

Blue_eyes (name?),Make sure that you have set ignoreSlopeWind=1 in the SIM section of your fly.ini in your system folder. The bug has to do with slope winds.Hope it works!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p..._aamigorena.jpg

>Make sure that you have set ignoreSlopeWind=1 in the SIM>section of your fly.ini in your system folder. The bug has to>do with slope winds.Negative. I've tried that, but the bug remains...

G'day,Just tried this in Sydney and wrote off three beautiful B-200's.Crashed every time. Must be an American thing! :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest spenik

Oh come now Roger. :-)Can't say I have tried this yet, but it seems to me like a rather rare senario, don't you think? Full flaps on a full length ruway seems a little out of the ordinary.Hope to see it fixed! Keep Flying, acselerated-stall-climbs and all!

G'day Bob, Nope can't blame it on America :-lolWent to KSFO and tried it there taking off on 29R. Couldn't reproduce the problem there either. The aircraft just slowly mushed down at about 350 ft/min, stall/gear warning horns going crazy until the inevitable happened. Gravity never loses :-)I vividly remember the huge thermal/updraft that guarded the approach to 10 L in the original release of Fly! II. There is still a bit of an updraft on approach (ignoreslopewinds=1) but this is nowhere near enough to give sustained flight on take off to the B-200 (at least on my machine).Being unable to reproduce the original posters problem I can only conclude that something is amiss with his Fly! II installation/setup?Anyone else able to produce a B-200 that doesn't need fuel/power to fly? Perhaps there is something that I'm overlooking.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Colins2

G'day RogerI'm not in a position to try it right now but I don't recall any problems in the past.Love the picture, especially the way you managed to get the nose wheel to come up vertically :)CheersColinPS Hope to have something interesting for you in a couple of days :)

>Being unable to reproduce the original posters problem I can>only conclude that something is amiss with his Fly! II>installation/setup?>>Anyone else able to produce a B-200 that doesn't need>fuel/power to fly? Perhaps there is something that I'm>overlooking.I tried it on another airport. You have to unload ANY weight, set 181 gals of fuel, and then JUST start engines and set full flaps, DON'T DO anything else. DO NOT raise landing gear, but just cut off all the six engine/props levers. In these conditions, I'm not even able to keep the nose down unless I trim it, it goes way up, climbing at about 120 kts or so.I have Fly!II patched at version 2.50.240, realism settings all on, no clouds, no winds, temperature 29C, altimeter 29.92.If anyone else is able to reproduce this event, please let me know.

G,day Blue Eyes ????,Mate to be honest I can't even set 181 gals. Try as I might with the sliders I get either 180, 182, 183 184 or 185 but 181 eludes me!Edit: Stupid me had been trying to set 181 LBS not gals. OK 181 gals set.On the subject of the engine levers is there any specific order in which they must be operated?Edit: all six levers retarded from left to right.On the weight side I had only the pilot; I'll give it another test without the pilot. :-) But how realistic is that!!Edit: Pilot also given the heave ho Off to create mayhem again. Will get back to you.Edit: Gear not retracted, same result; aircraft mushed in at 68 Kts and 700 ft /minTry deleting your *.HST file for the Aurora B-200. I think you have a corrupted file.! It's not uncommon for an HST file to get corrupted.That's the best I can think of offhand.Cheers,Roger @YSSYRoger @YSSY

G'day Colin,>Love the picture, especially the way you managed to get the>nose wheel to come up vertically :) It takes years of practise to achieve that. :-lol>PS Hope to have something interesting for you in a couple of>days :) Now you've set the juices flowing. Can't wait to see what you are talking about.Attached is a sample of how I'm using Terrashape to "paint" natural fearures of Sydney. As soon as I learn to cope with 3d modeling it will look a lot better. Thanks for your hard effort.CheersRoger @YSSY

I did it in my really life anf it is hurt, we fell of the runway my instructor is going to be fine we hope. So dont fly silly no mor and take a tip from Ivor my frind! Tut tut...