Sign in to follow this  
Guest GOODY

Ken Salter & Steve Brown

Guest GOODY

Hi FellasI am again naving a problem with FLY!II boot-up.I get the following message!!Subsystem is not registered(crT2)File subsystem.cppLine 204I am sorry to bother you.Thanks in advanceGoody

Guest Steve Brown

Sorry to hear your problems are still with you.I checked for this error fault but havent come up with anything.Have you checked your installation disks on another computer to see if they are OK? Im lost on this one!Sorry its not much helpSteve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.jpg][/divTHERE'S A BIG WAVE COMING!Whats New!http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/fly2theuk/whatsnew.htmMy United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+Viewhttp://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/avsim/bart.htm

Guest Jan

Hello Goody.Do you have addon aircrafts or scenery installed? If you have, try removing them first.I sometimes get the "subsystem not registered" error on bootup if there is an error in the panel or amp files.Take care.Jan

Guest GOODY

GENTLEMEN:Just for your info the subsystems I referred to Is not in thesoftware is is part of Windows98SE operating system.I will have to get a new operating system for my computer.Thought you would like to know.Goody

Guest Colins2

Hello Goody,Here's my opinion, for what it's worth.The subsystem message is a Fly! message, not Windows.If your Windows system works fine with other programs, Office, Internet Explorer etc. then there's probably not much wrong with it!As for Fly!, In my opinion, there's a lot of myths surrounding this sim. In reality, it's very difficult to hurt Fly to such an extent that it requires re-installation, in fact, it's almost impossible!Fly consists of 1 executable file and 1 dll (out of 3 supplied) for the screen rendering and that's it! There is also another .exe file for slicing. but it's not required just to run Fly! Fly works by reading lots of information from POD files, which are just an archive of various data.It is possible to damage these PODs, but only by deliberate editing or applying faulty dex files maybe. Fly doesn't write to these files, it just reads from them.All additional A/C, scenery, taxiways, models etc. come in their own files, podded or not and if these files have a fault/bug then it's possible that Fly will not run. Simply removing these add-on pods will remove the problem.One other area where you can stop Fly from working is the editing of the fly.ini and render.ini. Fly is written in such a way that if these get so badly damaged that Fly won't run, then you can simply delete them and Fly will re-create the default versions on start-up!Not too many programs will do that for you.One other area that will make Fly crash/not start are the .hst/.sit files. These can be safely deleted at any time, they just store historical info/situations and are read if present.The last file that can affect you is the key map file default.key or whatever you may have saved an customised version as. This can stop Fly working and it can also be safely deleted!Fly might not be the best sim in everyone's opinion and it's certainly not the latest, but it has to be one of the best designed programs for a long time. Just my opinion, but then I'm biased :)Colin

G'day Colin,Excellent post mate.I've printed out a hard copy just to remind me that when things go wrong and Fly! II spits the dummy there is a very simple cure not involving re-installation. >Fly might not be the best sim in everyone's opinion and it's>certainly not the latest, but it has to be one of the best>designed programs for a long time. >Just my opinion, but then I'm biased :)hear hear .....and Roger makes 2 :-) :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest GOODY

Colin:I think that I didnt mention the operating systemI have.I Have Windows98SE ( which is no longer available)If someone has an upgrade I would love to install it.Have you any comments?GoodyGoody@cableone.net