Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

Why I love this sim.......

G'day Randall,Geez even the electron gods are against me. I don't know why but the attachment didn't show up with my last post so here it is again. :-) I will still continue to post my enjoyment of simming with Fly! II.The attachment has all been done using Terrashape and a cad program ( edit: sorry I forgot to mention Terrascene also ) to produce the river, lakes, roads, airport background and parklands.Cheers, Roger @YSSY

> I guess the main thing I would compare>it to is not some other program, but the real thing - and>that's what keeps me coming back.Many of us compare to the real thing.......... don't we? :)My real thing ---- short of a Garmin 430 for the blank spot..http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/25868.jpgbump: :)

Guest Hagar

Looking good, Roger!Need a custom-made Tower? Just send me some good & sharp pics...:)

Roger,You are becoming the Wiz of TerraShape, there is no doubt! I may need your help down the road, when I go back to some areas that will need some adjustments that I think TerraShape will help the most.

Randall Rocke

Hi, SAdamson.Typical you. Last word totally off the subject just to derail a subject. That thing you show, it's about as usefull to you as an empty can of beans, I presume. To be completed in the year 3600?I only hope you let us know when / if you take it up, so we can stay way, away. Which brings up another point, it looks like your perfect sim may not be that perfect, again. From what I can see it may take another 3-4 versions to be at the level of Fly! and TS. And it may take another year to get the flight models up to par, then the new version comes out, takes them down again, and the cycle starts all over. Are you sure you still have Fly! on your system? I seem to recall some of the pics you posted before, nice anyway. You must be missing Fly! and just do not want to admit it, afraid to get cut off, and having to pay for your sims / software. TV

Guest Dean

>Hi, SAdamson.>Typical you. Last word totally off the subject just to derail>a subject. That thing you show, it's about as usefull to you>as an empty can of beans, I presume. To be completed in the>year 3600?>I only hope you let us know when / if you take it up, so we>can stay way, away. >Which brings up another point, it looks like your perfect sim>may not be that perfect, again. From what I can see it may>take another 3-4 versions to be at the level of Fly! and TS.>And it may take another year to get the flight models up to>par, then the new version comes out, takes them down again,>and the cycle starts all over. >Are you sure you still have Fly! on your system? I seem to>recall some of the pics you posted before, nice anyway. You>must be missing Fly! and just do not want to admit it, afraid>to get cut off, and having to pay for your sims / software.>TV:-hmmm

TV----You constantly amaze me! I'm in the EAA where we promote aviation constantly. You're a "supposeable" CFI who doesn't really know me, or many others around here. You've attempted to chop me to the bone, as well doing the same to Rob Young on the MSFS forum. Remember.... he also did great things for the FLY series. I don't see anyone else proclaiming to build a much better flight model than Rob's for either MSFS or FLY------ except for you!! Where is it? :lolI seriously think you should switch to "lawn mowing" because you're as anti-aviation as I've seen. Who else would call on Microsoft to halt their MSFS series, and then tell their students to stay away from the sim? You're just miffed because I told you the AI in MSFS was adjustable & trim needed to be set for takeoff. Of course you could never reply, except to do personal insults. If it's upset you that much for the last few years........... then I'm sorry! :)And BTW------- Why don't you take the time to tell me what's seriously wrong with FS2004 flight models in comparison to FLYII?L.Adamson

G'day Andrew,Mate you're the one who got me started on Terrashape in the first place about 4-5 months ago. :-)Thanks for the encouragement, I'm really enjoying just trying new things and seeing what can be achieved with Terrashape ( and hoping that there might be something nice added in the near future ).Thanks for the offer of modelling the tower.... I might just take you up on the offer; I need a tower, airport terminals, harbour bridge, opera house, centerpoint tower, central station, queen victoria building and about six different bridges. It's a good thing that I'm retiring at the end of this year as I've got a lot of modelling to do. :-) I hope you are still around the forum then as I'm going to need a fair bit of guidance.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Hagar

Roger,Good to hear the positive tone of your voice in all this mess ;)I got you started on Terrashape-and now it is you that can give me some tips about coastlines and such in the future!I and will happily make the Tower for you, but I must point out that my capabilities are NOT ready for a complete city :-hah We`ll see when the Tower is up and running. I`ll be around, ready to assist if needed, you can count on that :)

Hi, Roger.It stays to show you, they can't derail this topic, even with help from above.It will keep going and going, and going, just like FLY!. A couple of these guys are masters at it. TV