Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

Why I love this sim.......

I'll now keep quite................ because I still worry about your blood pressure while on a "training flight"........ as I've mentioned in the past. In the meantime, it should be obvious from the FLY screenshot's I've posted within this very thread, that you're obviously thinking of someone else! It's most evident, that I've figured how to setup & use Fly..L.Adamson

TV -I think you are wrong that L. does not know how to setup Fly!In fact, he has posted several Fly! shots with the modified LAcoast (TerraScene I think) that have made many a FS2K2 simmerdrool ...There are good things about Fly! that L. has mentioned he likes(I think panels). And, there are good things about the FS series(and X-Plane, etc.).So, please do NOT bash Mr. L. Although he prefers FS2K2, hestill knows how to fly (well) with Fly! and post some verygood screenshots.JerryG.Really, just posting to make the 90 day post requirement.....;-)

Hi, Jerry.I apologize, I take half the good things I said about him back.For Mr. SAdamson no worries I am at 112 / 70, Pulse 68, keep at it, just stay away from flying. TV

>>Really, just posting to make the 90 day post requirement.....>:-lol :-lol :-lol Actually, TV (Avcomware) & I go back a long way.............. and nothing changes.... :)L.Adamson

>For Mr. SAdamson no worries I am at 112 / 70, Pulse 68, keep>at it, just stay away from flying. TVYou beat me......... 122/74

Guest Hagar

Well, I do my choices independantly from minority/majority "opinions".

Guest Dean

>>Really, just posting to make the 90 day post requirement.....:-lolIt looks like a lot of people chose this thread to meet the 90 day requirement. It's always interesting to see how this threads get led so far astray. Personally, I think Larry has been pretty balanced toward Fly. Kind of miss the old guy........

Guest Dean

>But honestly your view is shared by tiny minority of>simming populace. Probably true. But a tiny minority of the simming populace are real pilots.

>Probably true. But a tiny minority of the simming populace are>real pilots. True. I know what you are implying - that real pilots statistically prefer FLY. Considering number of professional (and private) pilots on the FS forum I see zero evidence of it. If I were to bet I would have to say just the opposite is true. If you talk to these pros who use MSFS you still find they "fall" for the same eye candy like everybody else - scenery, sky, etc. Obviously they don't mind good ATC or in-depth system modelling. It turns out real pilot's instincts are just as predictable as anybody else's. Shame on you pilots !Michael J.

Guest Dean

>>Probably true. But a tiny minority of the simming populace>are>>real pilots. >>True. I know what you are implying - that real pilots>statistically prefer FLY. Considering number of professional>(and private) pilots on the FS forum I see zero evidence of>it. If I were to bet I would have to say just the opposite is>true. >>If you talk to these pros who use MSFS you still find they>"fall" for the same eye candy like everybody else - scenery,>sky, etc. Obviously they don't mind good ATC or in-depth>system modelling. It turns out real pilot's instincts are>just as predictable as anybody else's. Shame on you pilots !Michael,Actually, I wasn't implying anything. I was just responding to a statement made to an apparently real pilot who expressed a preference for Fly as a training tool. I have heard it said in this forum that real pilots do (or maybe should;-)) prefer fly. As one of the "vast majority", I wouldn't really know. But I would think that a real pilot, particularly the commercial transport pilot, would prefer eye candy in a flight sim. Since they have gotten to where they are by loggin 1000's of hours it's not like they need a $10 or $70 PC game to stay proficient.

>Actually, I wasn't implying anything. I was just responding to>a statement made to an apparently real pilot who expressed a>preference for Fly as a training tool. I have heard it said in>this forum that real pilots do (or maybe should;-)) prefer>fly. I just downloaded a Cessna 152 for FS2004, which is unusual because I really don't like 152's thanks to my airport altitude. But I did for certain reasons.Anyway.... IMO, I think it's an excellent training aircraft for anyone interested in flight training and instrument function. Also works beautiful for basics, such as rudder in turns, due to visuals in the virtual cockpit that makes it easy to notice abnormal yaw. Besides, it's created by "real pilots" for real & sim pilots. Just a "heads up" for TV.L.Adamson

Guest Javier

For a moment I thought I was visiting the wrong forum...What a disaster.....RH we are missing you.

>For a moment I thought I was visiting the wrong forum...>>What a disaster.....This forum was changed to a "bi-sim" forum while you were gone! :)>RH we are missing you.I agree..

Dear Javier,I understand what you're feeling right now because it's happen the same to me. Unfortunately when anybody here is this forum try to say something good about Fly! and bring some hope to see Fly! III someday, then the Micro$oft guys break the peace and show all the same that we already know. Since 2001, the history repeat over and over...Why do they care about this community? That's a good question. Maybe to be sure that Richard's dream rest in peace.Keyton

>Maybe to be sure that Richard's dream rest in peace.>Not sure what you are implying. I love the debate and at the same time I am thrilled that FLY! is kept alive by many of its die hard fans. If for nothing else - for Richard's sake, for his memory since I really admired the man though disagreed with him sometimes. It would be very sad if this forum was brought to the same state as the Pro Pilot forum where absolutely nothing is going on except the "short final" jokes ..Michael J.