Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

Fly2 Locks up hard on start.

Guest dajackman

Can anyone help with the problem. I haven't started Fly2 up in about 3 weeks. Everything with my last use seemed to work OK. When I boot up now I get the tri-hawk panel, I hear the wheels do the screech and then dots appear all over the screen. After a few minutes, my monitor looses it's signal. I have done the regular troubleshooting, deleted the .hst files, updated my nvidia drivers with no luck. One note, I tried starting fly up using the fly start utitlity and chose a different airplane, it still started with the tri-hawk. Any ideas. Thanks.

G'day Djackman,I think I remember reading somewhere that "Flystart" was not compatible with with the final patch? Not absolutely certain, just a nagging suspicion. Try it without usin Flystart. Also check that you have StartupOptions=0 set in Fly.ini.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

the dots on the screen is definitely video driver and FLY2 render .ini related. The only time I've had lock ups is due to my playing with ram, cpu and motherboard speed.tony

Guest dajackman

OK, thanks. I didn't change a thing. Still at a loss why this would start all of a sudden? Anyway, I'll keep bangin' at it. Thanks

Hi.Try this, a shot in the dark. Save your present Fly! directory to some Temp. Reinstall your original, only the CD Fly!, no updates. Save this new install to some Temp1. Copy and or move your old / ptched version on top. This may help, if not you ca try substituting subdirectories. Keep the System and main Fly!! as long as you can. My guess is that you made a change to the drivers, OS etc. that affected the operation. Try to remember tha last thing you changed, before you started having the problem. TV

Guest dajackman

I am now thinking this is hardware related :( I found another game that has the exact same problem. My $200 video card that is only several months old appears to be going south. Funny thing is it works great for normal windows work. I have found others having the same problem on some of the gaming sites.For the record its a nvidia Gefource 4 TI series card. A google search seems to paint an ongoing problem with this chip. I guess I will now look somewere else for a replacement. Thanks again for everyones help.

Hi. Try to run 3DMark2001, or any other Ver. you may have, for a while and see how it behaves, it's a good Video test not just a Benchmark. If it works with it, it's probably not the Video. TV