Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

TS for Sedona, AZ - A Work in Progress (pics)

Here are a couple of shots of my first test-render of the Sedona area. I've been trying to get that deep red coloration that's so much a part of Red Rock, Sedona, and the Grand Canyon by using some of the base textures. This isn't bad, but it's just not red enough! Back to the drawing board - it's custom texture time.The airport visible in the shots is Sedona (KSEZ) with airport scenery by Wayne Roberts. As you can see, the airport is up on a plateau.

Randall Rocke

Thanks, Johnny! I just finished editing the new textures and am starting a new render - can't wait to see how it comes out!

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

Randall;Can you trll me what I`am doing wrong ?I loaded the Render Options and sselected the Texture, Red Canyons. This is allways what i getThanks JeffPic

Jeff,I can't make out any of the text in the error message - the resolution is too low. However, if you're trying to use "Red Canyons" you're going to run into problems.1. Red Canyons was a custom graphics set put together by How in the World to provide custom coloration for the Grand Canyon area. You have to have the original custom HITW texture set in order for this to work. It is not part of TerraScene, though its render pak is still listed when you install TerraScene. Only those who have the original texture set can use this pak. If you don't, it will look for textures that don't exist and you'll get an error.2. It was made for Fly!/Fly!2K - at 15 m/p, it is half the resolution of Fly!II textures. Even if you still have these textures and were successful in rendering, the scenery would look fairly soft and blurry next to regular Fly!II scenery.

Randall Rocke

Guest Eagle

Randall, looking at the second picture it would appear that the trees are in the area of your roads. Should I take them out?

Hi Wayne,For now, I would take out the trees for two reasons:First, there are really no trees to speak of. There are a few trees along the ridge where the road climbs from Sedona up to the plateau (the road you will eventually see when you run my render pack). The rest of the plateau is really barren - dry sage, sandy - pretty much wide open. You may want to put a few trees around the buildings: the one just south of the parking lot is a restaurant - there were a couple of trees on either side of it on the airport fence.Second, because of the exacting elevations of the render, a good number of your trees were left floating in mid-air. :-)Your airport buildings and taxiways are excellent. The buildings there are really simple in real life. There were no corporate jets when I was there (the usual GA single-engine planes were the norm), but that airport could certainly handle them. Due to the resort nature of the Sedona community, I would leave those models there.How about a bi-plane? One of the big attractions there is a ride in a beautiful bright yellow biplane over the Sedona mountains and parklands. It was parked just NE of the restaurant in front of the hangar. Are there any Biber models like that?Above all, thank you so much for all the work you have done!!

Randall Rocke