Sign in to follow this  

No brakes when ATC brings me in

I appear to have a unique problem!!!When I land with ATC guidance and the aircraft touches down I have no brakes. The brakes work fine when I do NOT land with ATC instructions.The brakes don't work with the keyboard or with the CH pedals. The plane eventually stops by inertia - but I may be a long way from the runway.Does no one else have this problem? Is this something that can be tweaked in the fly.ini file? Any ideas?I do have the Final Patch installed.Bill S.

Same problem... see "Brakes on Navajo..." posting. Tried several fixes to no avail. It will happen on any aircraft if your flight involves additional loading of scenery (brakes still work for touch and goes from departure airport or nearby landings). I haven't tried duplicating a flight not using ATC to see if that is one of the keys. I also haven't tried flying back to departure airport and landing. On landing any of the reciprocating aircraft I will use the slew key when I approach the end of the runway and back up so that I'll have a longer runout. The turboprops and jets are easier as the reverse thrust will bring you to a complete stop in plenty of time although in real life you shouldn't use reverse thrust under 60 knots or so due to possible ingestion of foreign debris, a very costly mis-hap. Hope someone with more savvy can figure this one out.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi, ZaneYou are right, this happens with any aircraft. And I found that it only happens when you file a flight plan and ATC vectors you into the approach runway. The brakes will not work then even when taxing.Incidentally, you mention that happens when you load additional scenery. Do you mean other than the ones provided by Fly!? Because I have no other additional scenery.I don't know if this might have something to do with the graphics card?I use the ATI RADEON 7200 with 64mb or RAM.

Guest jjlobo

It is interesting. I've noticed lack of breaks in Navajo, PA28 and in PMDG 757. Few times though. I lost it in Marte and Congonhas S

Hi, LoboIt will be interesting to see if you come up with other clues or situations when the brskes fail. What I have found so far is:1 - this will happen with any aircraft2 - this will happen with any airport that has the facility to vector you in on a runway3 - it will only happen if you have a flight plan

At present I have 30 full tiles created by Terrascene covering almost the entire West Coast US and Arizona and additionally all the airports done by Wayne Roberts for the corresponding areas. What I notice is that if you fly far enough that new scenery has to load into the computer this problem with the brakes occurs. When I first got this sim running on my computer a few months ago I would rarely notice it and only on the Navajo because that was the main one I would take on a longer flight (no additional sceneries at that time). The other aircraft I would take for short flights but never long enough to cause a load of additional scenery area to occur. I need to make a few long flights using C4TO and see if the same problem occurs. My graphics card is a GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB. I think the problem has to do with the sim itself when using the built in ATC and flight plans. When the sim has to load updated information it will leave something to do with the brakes out to make room for something else (?), good guess if nothing less.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Folks:So you know, I have flown all of the planes described in this thread, but I never use the Fly!2 ATC - I only use C4TO. I've never had the problem you described so I can only assume the issue is something to do with ATC. I always create flight plans, I have lots of TerraScenery and add-on TerraModels, so the wildcard is Fly!2 ATC - I would pin my bets there.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest jjlobo

Hi, schachowBut not always I think. I had several landing procedures in Congonhas using ATC (CTO4) leading me to ILS with a flight plan and the breaks worked well. Few times don't. As much as I remember...This is what you call vectoring facility to a runway. That

Yes, I use C4TO also at times and there is no problem when using it. The problem is the FLY! II ATC.

You're right David,I've been losing brakes on every long flight using default ATC. I flew from Crescent City, CA down the coast to San Luis Obispo last night (just love Terrascene :)) using C4TO 3.3.1 and had brakes when I landed... what a pleasant surprise.Thanks for your advice and I hope that you get FlyII working well on your computer (no more CTD's).Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Hi, simmers After experimenting some more with this problem I discovered that when you have the runway lined up you contact TOWER and then CANCEL your landing (Tower will tell you to execute a Missed Approach) but go ahead and land anyway - The Brakes Will Work!!!!Summary:You are using a Flight Plan and it has been openedYou are being vectored in for a landing by ATC (tower has cleared you)You are now in sight of the runway and lined up Contact Tower and ask to Cancel LandingLand anyway and the brakes will work.Bill