Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

nVidia Ge Force 4 440 To Go drivers

Recently Windows Automatic Updates recommended the new video card driver update. I naturally thought it would be wise to update but my Dell Inspiron 8200 now doesn't quite function as it should. In FlyII intro screen it lists the Dell 8200 as the video card and even in the computer hardware details Dell 8200 is listed as the card!Also unable to access some of the video card functions.The drivers are also available from Dell so beware of installing the one from Microsoft!Have e-mailed M/Soft and Dell and will try to correct the problem using their recommendations.:-fume

Guest Hagar

Hi Flyfisher,I have never trusted Automatic Updates, never experienced it working right till this date! I always set this service to "disabled", and check in manually. Even on manual, there are too many problems and bugs with MS Update pages. Recently I also noticed a Nvidia driver on their pages, but I went straight to Nvidia instead, downloaded the driver and installed it my normal, manual way. In my opinion the Automatic Updates are still in the beta stage, and been in that condition for years...

Guest swathdiver

A friend of mine did just that the other day. Took me a few hours to figure it out. Those drivers don't work and of course all the features unique to that manufacturer's card are gone. I deleted the video card drivers from the machine, reinstalled service pack 3 and 4 on the Win 2000 machine and installed the old drivers from the manufacturers disk and voila! Good as new!Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Hi, I saw your problems with nvidia driver...I also downloaded the new driver from Nvidia, and got the message that the file was corrupt.Well it is just to make a new try later....Steinar

Hi Guys,Did that the other day, for my sound card, and same thing as you guys. I also saw the new drivers for my Geforce 4 ti4200 but didn't install them... Guess you did, did you try to the reinstall older driver option in the control panel -> system -> material -> gestionnaire de peripherique (sorry don-t know how to say it in english) In there you can put back your old Nvidia driver.Hope it helps cheers

Andrew,Have used Windows Restore to delete the drivers and all was well.Yesterday I installed them from the Dell website and now have the same problem again.I have notified Dell Support and await their reply.:-beerchug