Sign in to follow this  
Guest desmondw

Checkout the Omega drivers for Nvidia cards....

Guest tonyc

They increased my frame rates by a whopping 100%!! and in the clouds I am in the 30's. That's a full 10fps from my original drivers. There are two options: quality and performance. I used the performance option. look for them under Nvidia_w9x_omega_14403.exe.tony

G'day Tony,Couldn't find them at Nvidia.com : only detonator drivers.Where did you find this driver?Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Ken,Thanks Ken, your tone is almost one of non approval :-) Or am I misreading your post? :-)Would I be correct in assuming that they would not be Certified Drivers?Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

That's correct, Roger. However, they are Nvidia drivers that very capable individuals have tweaked to squeeze every drop of performance. Let me correct my initial statement regarding performance inmprovement: I had forgotten that for fs9 I had removed AA in the set up. After adding AA, the performance is more like 10%. sorry for any heart attacks.tony

G'day Tony,You certainly had me hook line and sinker! :-)I'm still using a 64 MB geForce 2 GTS/PRO and am in the process of searching for a replacement. The latest fast cards are about $1000 Aus. so you can see why I was so interested in your initial post. The Nvidia FX5600 may not be the fastest chip around but with 256 MB of memory and a price tag of only $350 Aus it's not looking that bad.25-30 FPS and silky smooth performance. I'll hold off buying until about the end of the year and see if prices fall but I don't have any great expectations. ( being Christmas and all - maybe in January ) Prices never fall until a week after I buy a product. :-lol I am inherently wary of any graphics card that is encased in it's own case and requires 3 fans for cooling! Especially as some manufacturers are only offering a 1 year warranty. Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest HansGroenewold

Hello,You can find the Omega drivers at omegacorner.com. I have a Winfast A250 Ultra 128MB TI4600 Video Card and have used the Omega drivers for almost a year now. I used to try almost every driver that came along and after trying the Omega driver, I'm content to not change anymore. I did download and install the latest one a week or two ago and again, I'm happy with it. Just remember to follow the install direction carefully. Hope that helps you some.Sincerely,Hans Groenewold

G'day Hans,Thanks for the link. I had been chasing a link from another forum and it was WRONG omegacenter.com.Sure looks like a pretty good site and the people there seem to know their stuff so I've bookmarked it for future referrence.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest richpress

Thought I would try the Omega driver you suggested. My OS is a pentium 3 566 mhz with 32mb TNT2 video card. I recently installed Dominique Klein's lake Tahoe terrescene whivh also models 8 airports in the vicinity. It almost brought my computer to its knees and unless I changed the scenery to "sparce" it was difficult to fly at all. The good news is that since I installed the Omega drivers "performance" I am now able to fly quite satisfactorily with reasonable frame rates using this scenery. A very good improvement. As a matter of interest I ran Fly 1 as a test. With most of the bells and whistles turned on frame rates were fantastic.The quality does not seem to be greatly affected. Recommend.

Guest desmondw

Hi Folks, Thanks for the heads up on the Omega Drivers, I also gave it a try & have improved my framerates from about 15 to about 20 at the heavily populated airports with as far as I can tell no loss in picture image quality. This is by far the cheapest upgrade I have ever made for performance.Desmond