Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

can aanyone put a RIVER on an existing scenery

Guest GOODY

Randall Roche & Assoc:Anyone have any ideas?????Goody Goody@cableone.net

Goody,I'm not aware of any way to do this without replacing the original scenery. TerraScene, for instance, works with images - once they are rendered, it slices the images into graphics data that Fly! II can read, replacing the default scenery entirely.If I were to create a new image with just a river on it (quite possible with TerreScene), TerraScene would still want an image for the entire area. Therefore it would replace the missing background with the default background image. This is usually a texture called "swamp-bog" - so, you would end up with the original scenery being replaced by a swamp (while a river runs through it). :-)Now, someone else may have another idea.

Randall Rocke

Guest Fly II Pilot

Goody,You may want to check with Colin but I THINK you can do that by creating a new GTP coastline using Terrashape.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p..._aamigorena.jpg

Guest Colins2

Goody,As Randall says, it depends upon what you want to do.1) Is the area in question a TerraScene'd area?If so, then it would have to be re-rendered after some editing of the data files. I suspect that this is not the case, however, as I would expect TerraScene to have created the river in its render.2) I assume that we are talking about the US here?3) If we are talking about default scenery, which seems likely, then the answer is yes :-)It's not particularly difficult to do, but it does involve the use of a CAD program to edit some files.Can you give some more details?Which river?Which Globe Tile?Default scenery or TerraScene'd?Colin

Guest GOODY

Colin:I have notified Wayne Roberts (eagle) the author of the sceneryI am referring to.I am sure he will contact you.GoodyGoody@cableone.net

Guest Eagle

Colin, the scenery that Bob is referring to is KIFP - Laughlin-Bullhead airport. I placed the buildings along the Colorado River as shown in the photo that I downloaded. The problem is that the River is not in the proper location. It should be in the area where I have placed the buildings.It may be possible that Randall has rendered this area and in his scenery the river is in the proper location. I have not downloaded Randall's scenery and so cannot comment on that. Perhaps Randall has some input.

Wayne & Colin,This area is nowhere near any of my Arizona TeraScenery which is centered on Phoenix and the area immediately to the north, Red Rock and Sedona.KIFP is on the western border of the state on the Colorado River, which, like most rivers, is missing from the generic landscape. The easiest way for Goody to get the river would be to TerraScene it.

Randall Rocke