Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

what do you think?(pic)

Guest tonyc

I've been struggling with a paint program in order to add the dc9 center posts. As you can see, they do add a sense of depth to the cockpit. It's hard , however, without a vg knowledge of painting tricks. This centerpost comes from an fs2002 panel which I modified for FLY2. I'll take comments and criticism....for I am not a painter.;-)tony

G'day Tony,Wow it sure does add to the perception of depth.!! I like it. Will make a welcome addition to the DC9 cockpit.Not a criticism but a tip! :-) ( passed on to me by Rich H. ). To eliminate the fine black edging around the window frames ;when you are at the BMP ( RGB ) stage paint ( flood fill ) the window red. You will then see the offending dark pixels. Then use the paint program line tool ( red ) to get rid of any dark pixels at the edges of the frames. Now the whole window is red right up to the frames.Then simply paint ( flood fill )the window PURE BLACK ( 0,0,0 ).Convert to index colour and PBM format and your window will show up crystal clear right up to the frames.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

thanks, Roger. This is exactly the kind of tips I am looking for in order to speed up the process. Thanks, and once I get permission from the author, I will post this mod for download.tony

Guest Jan

Looks very nice Johnny.Have I missed something,or is it not released yet?Jan

Guest tonyc

Johnny, I could use that panel in bmp format to play with.;-)tony