Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

UK Photo Scenery

I've been busy flying other simulators and I lost track of the latest things there are for Fly2 until recently. Searching the AVSIM libraries (for something not related to Fly) I stumbled upon the UK Photo Scenery uploaded by Paul Brooks. I decided to give it a try and choose the massive UK VFR

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Boshar,Much of Ohio is flat farmland, but is, of course, of great interest to area residents. I would certainly recommend the Lake Erie areas as excellent places for anyone to fly - they would include the following global tiles from the Ohio Project: Toledo, Marblehead, and Ashtabula. This would give you the entire Lake Erie region of Ohio. I would also recommend the special project Detroit tile - it continues north of the Toledo area, picking up most of the city of Detroit, the southern portion of which is included in the Toledo area. Another very beautiful area of Ohio is the southern portion, along the Ohio River: some of those tiles would include Cincinnati, Dayton, and Maysville. Look for some airport scenery by Paul "Bart" Simpson to go along with some of this scenery. The Marblehead tile includes updates for two island airports.I would also recommend the Carolinas Project tiles. The Atlantic coastal area would include: Brunswick, Hilton Head, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington, Kinston, Bayboro, Cape Hatteras, Edenton, and Kitty Hawk. The Smoky Mountains area of that project would include: Knoxville, Johnson City, Fontana Lake, and SpartanburgIn the west I have recently uploaded complete projects for the areas of Phoenix and Sedona, Arizona with custom texture sets.

Randall Rocke

Guest Paul Brooks

Hi Boshar,Thank you for your comments. The only thing I don't quite understand is why you had to slice the Luton Heathrow scenery as all that should be necessay to use the scenery is to unzipped the file and move the Luton Heathrow folder to your FlyII scenery folder.There are three of my files in the library that require the user to convert the jpeg to targa and then slice with Terrascene and fly2slice, they are Leeds Bradford, Birmingham and Tees Side, all the others, North Wales, EGCC, Woodvale and Woodhead (which is not needed if you have Leeds Bradford) are pods.You asked whether there were other sceneries available and I would recommend that you pay a visit to the Simvol site run by our French friends and download the scenery for Brittany, it really is excellent.Paul

I would add a big "second" to Paul's comment about Brittany - it's one of my favorites!

Randall Rocke

Boshar,download Paul's other UK scenery, it's excellent too.Although the instructions may seem complicated it is very straightforward if you follow them.:-wave