Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

FS Meteo, FSUIPC 2.85 and horrendous crosswinds

Guest Lobaeux4

A quick question. Is anyone else having problems matching FS Meteo with FSUIPC 2.85? With the past four flights I've had horrendous crosswinds, but that's not the real problem. Minimizing FS2K2 and checking FS Meteo, what it's showing and what I'm getting on ATIS, using shift-z, and what I'm seeing out the windscreen is not matching up. For instance at Gatwick, BKN at 2000, -RA, winds 17006, out the windscreen I'm seeing blue skies, Rain, and winds 170/27. What's up? I've downloaded 2.85 again, going to reinstall it and see if it fixes anything. Anyone else have this problem or know a fix for it.Joe

Guest Lobaeux4

I'm not going to have to disable FS Meteo am I? Can't fly without it.Joe

That's funny that you should mention this. I just finished a flight from Manchester (EGCC) to Humberside (EGNJ) and had similar problems. I was just about to post a message, but I saw yours.First of all, I must say that I Love FSMeteo. I believe it adds a HUGE amount of realism that MSFS2002 weather cannot.My scenario is as follows:I tooks off from Manchester (EGCC). Just before I took off, it was raining which sounded about right since I have friends in England and they said it was raining in that area when I spoke to them earlier today. I took a couple of pictures but can't seem to figure out how to upload them. It says the file is too big, or something.Anyway, when I was approaching Humberside, about 20 miles away, I heard the beep from FSMeteo which indicated that it has downloaded the new metar information, and it suddenly showed the ground full of snow.I know for a fact it was raining in that area today. I don't know why it would show snow instead of rain. Puzzling.:-hmmmRegards,CostasKLWMDell Dimension 4400 Pentium 4 at 1.7 GHz640MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHzNvidia GeForce2 MX400 (2832)20GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive48x Variable CD-ROM DriveMicrosoft Windows XP

I will also post the information FSMeteo downloaded in Humberside, if that helps. Here is some of that info.Wind Heading = 256Wind Speed = 3Gusty = 0Temperature = 12CDew point = 9CVisibility = 9999Altimeter = 996Type of clouds = FEW 1998 and SCT 2500Regards,CostasKLWMDell Dimension 4400 Pentium 4 at 1.7 GHz640MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHzNvidia GeForce2 MX400 (2832)20GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive48x Variable CD-ROM DriveMicrosoft Windows XP

I will try and upload the pictures again. The first picture is taken about 20 minutes into the flight and the picture with the snow is on final approach at Humberside. My apologies if they don't upload correctly.Regards,CostasKLWMDell Dimension 4400 Pentium 4 at 1.7 GHz640MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHzNvidia GeForce2 MX400 (2832)20GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive48x Variable CD-ROM DriveMicrosoft Windows XP

Try going back to V2.83I had, in the past, suffered stong crosswinds brought down from high altitude when on approach; I have since gone back to V2.83 and have not experienced the problem since, it may also solve your problem but costas' problem is very strange.Rgds

Guest paulri

I have found that unchecking the box on the wind tab in FSUIPC 2.85 for the subterranean wind fix will take care of the high wind problem. When that box is checked and fix is applied by FSUIPC, FS will use the wind for the first layer ABOVE the surface layer as surface wind, overwriting normal surface winds. I do not have any answer for the snow problem--sorry. Paul

Guest Lobaeux4

I'll try unchecking the wind tab. I'd really rather not get rid of 2.85 to go to 2.83 since FS Maintenance requires 2.85. Will see if that works, but that is it, it takes the "at flight level" winds and won't change them on final or near the ground, even though FS Meteo shows the change.Joe