Sign in to follow this  
Guest swathdiver

CH Gameport Pedals

Guest swathdiver

Hey guys, Just bought a set of pedals on e-bay. Hooked them up, plugged in my analog joystick to it. Win 98 system does not recognize it. It sees the joystick and other gaming devices, just not the pedals. CH doesn't seem to have a set of drivers for this one, only the Pro Pedals. Any ideas or tips?Thanks!James Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Hi.You need to add them, along with your Stick. There is a place that you need to check, for Rudder when you add / select them. TV

Guest swathdiver

Are you talking about Gaming Options in the Control Panel? It does not show up there, everything else does including a joystick attached to the pedals. When I go to add them, there is no option for adding the standard pedals, just the Pro Pedals. If you select Pro Pedals, it will not link them together. I have no disk. If you or anyone out there has the original disk could you zip it and e-mail it to me? I have ICQ and Yahoo messenger which handle large file sizes if its over 4mb. Or maybe post to avsim library?Thanks!JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Hi.When you Click, Add, should give you a screen with the available choices, under this window there should be a small window / square, that you can check / click on. TV

Guest swathdiver

I appreciate the help but its still not listed. Anyone with the original disc?James Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest chezz

Hi James,Go to CH Products website there you can downloads drivers for your Pedals and other CH products peripherals.chris

Guest swathdiver

I've been there. There are no downloads for the regular gameport pedals. Only the Pro Pedals.JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest Hagar

James, found it!"The new CH Analog Drivers designed for Windows 98, ME, 2000, and XP. These new drivers will work with the CH F-16 Combatstick, CH F-16 Flightstick, CH Fighterstick, CH Flight Sim Yoke PC, CH Flightstick Pro, CH FlightStick, CH GamePad, CH GameStick 14, CH GameStick 3D, CH GameStick, CH ProPedals:-luke, CH Racing Wheel, CH Virtual Pilot Pro, and CH Virtual Pilot, and Force FX"Link: http://www.chproducts.com/retail/tech_chanlg.htm

Guest swathdiver

Thanks for looking Andrew. That's the file I tried, it does not support the standard gameport pedals.Thanks,JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest Hagar

Sorry, James!I have never been happy with CH`s driver "policy".

Guest Hagar

James, I think this is what I used to do, no drivers:Settings/Control Panel/Game Controllers/ADD...Try one of the 3-axis or 4-buttons w/Throttle, and check Rudder Pedals. Should work out for you. When you`re up and running, remove the other joysticks (if present). The pic is from WinXP, I can`t remember how it was in Win98.

Guest swathdiver

Hmmm, I have 3 controllers there now. Microsoft Sidewinder game controller which I've disconnected. An old Logitech 3 axis, 4 button joystick and a newer Logitech Wingman Extreme Force 3D USB joystick. Are you saying to delete them all and start from scratch? JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest Hagar

Its always best to start from scratch with the stuff you are going to use. I think you don`t have to delete anything, just remove it, and remember the names...then try to install your stick and rudders...