Sign in to follow this  
Guest Qdog

For Randall-Hilton Head terrascene?

Guest Qdog

Hi Randall, I`ve DL the HH project,but when I try to render it I get this Message tk.ts.d.q:lo exception:C:terrascene 2texturesbaseswamp-bog.jpg (system cannot find file) Could you tell me what I`m doing wrong? ThanksQdog

Q,Only two things I can think of for that:1. That's one of the main textures you get when you install TerraScene and one of the main textures used in scenery. Is this the first time you've used TS? If you didn't extract the textures from your Fly! II installation when you installed TerraScene, then TerraScene has nothing to generate images with. If you missed the extraction step, let me know - there's a way you can still run the extraction without uninstalling TerraScene.2. Did you follow all the instructions carefully? The reason I ask is some persons have gotten similar results when they failed to do one of the first steps - copy all my data and project files into TerraScene. Again, without my files, TerraScene has no data to render from. It's best not to extract the zip files directly into TerraScene - extract all the folders and files to a temp location, then move the data into TerraScene.With the base textures extracted and all of the data and project files copied or moved into TerraScene, the render should run properly.

Randall Rocke

Guest Qdog

Randall I never installed TS2.0 just TS2.1 Would the texture pack be included in 2.0? This sounds like where I screwed up.Qdog

Q (Do you have a name?) :-)You have the right version - you want to use 2.1. In the old days (TerraScene 1.0/2.0), there were separate texture packs you had to download in order to finish the installation - these are no longer available. Some of the old readme files still refer to them and a number of the render paks from these texture sets are still listed in the load options for TerraScene - ignore all of them. Todd kept them there so that those of us who still had the original texture sets could still use them with Fly!/Fly!2K.None of the old texture sets are available - you have to make your own by extracting them from Fly! II.1. Start TerraScene 2.1. Select Project, Integrate with Fly!...2. This opens a wizard for extracting the textures and assigning the path to the scenery slicer. Click Next3. In the first window, use the Browse button and navigate to the slicer file in your Fly! II installation. The slicer file (fly2slice.exe) is in the root of your Fly! II installation after you have patched to Fly! II v230 or higher. For example, for most people, unless you installed Fly! II and its patches to a different drive or folder, the path would be C:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IIfly2slice.exe.4. In the second window, fill in your email address. This is used to make a unique POD Volume Name when you slice scenery. Click Next.5. This takes you to the extraction page. Click the Finish button to begin the extraction process. This will take several minutes - TerraScene will now access the default textures from Fly! II and create a new render pak called the Base Fly!2 Generic Textures (7.5 m/p) set.When the extraction process is over, you should be able to render scenery. Again, be sure that all of my files are moved ionto the proper folders within TerraScene before you begin. The easiest way to do this is extract my files to a temp location. Then select all of the folders at once: data-files, output, projects. copy or move them to TerraScene (paste into the TerraScene directory). You will get a notice about over-writing files - say Yes to All - this simply overwrites the folder names with the same name. All of the files will instantly be copied or moved into TerraScene and into the proper folder in one step.

Randall Rocke

Guest Qdog

Thanks Randall I`m going to give it a try tonight. I`ve been a Fly! and FlyII simmer from the start but haven`t flown for about 10 months. Just reinstalled FlyII on a new 80 gig HD and forgot what I was missing!! Wayne`s airports are magnificent and very frame-friendly on my pc. My pc is 7 years old, but I keep upgrading it and hope it can handle the TS 2 scenery. It`s a Dell PIII 500-80GB-640mg Ram-GFORCE 2-64meg mmx-400. By the way my first name is Peter but my nickname is Qdog and everyone calls me "Q" for short-so your right on the money.Also I`m having trouble at takeoff with the plane drifting right and left like there is a strong wind even when there isn`t- I know there is a adjustment for this but can`t remember. Do you have a solution? My expotentials are set at 100%. Thanks again I appreciate your work and everyone else`s.Qdog

Peter,I ran Fly! II on a PIII 500 for about a year (256MB RAM in those days), but had to really back off on high and medium texture res. and visibility settings. Also, I used the PMDG render.ini to help out in heavier scenery areas. There were some sceneries that just had too many polygons to allow decent frame rates - others I was able to adapt by dumping the higher Fly! II scenery detail settings.I will be interested to hear how you run once you have the TerraScenery rendered. It would certainly affect video memory a little, but I've always found a poorly designed or over-produced 3d scenery too have far more impact on performance than TerraScene.The symptoms you mention as far as aircraft and control certainly sound like the Exponential settings. Since this is a new install of Fly! II, I'm guessing you have updated to the v240 Patch level? During that process, did you ever start Fly! II before installing the next level of patch, etc.? If so, did you first delete all of the HST files before starting Fly! II the next time? If not, I would delete them all, then restart Fly! II. Then, go back to the Aircraft Options and reset the Trim Steps and Exponential for every aircraft. Select each aircraft in turn, then set the options for each. Then, give it another try - you may also want to make sure that the slope wind is turned off in the fly.ini, etc.

Randall Rocke

Guest Qdog

I will let you know thanks. By the way the ignore slope wind setting was the problem. I did a search in the forumQdog