Sign in to follow this  
Guest richpress

Flight planner

Guest richpress

I thought I had a fairly stable system record with Fly2.The only crashes to desktop I experience from time to time involve the file autosave.sit.which I simply delete.However I have now discovered that the programe will crash every time I try to use "generate route" with the flight planner. Not that this is really a worry as I generally choose my own route. It is however good to know why things occur. Any ideas? Any similar experience?

>>However I have now discovered that the programe will crash>every time I try to use "generate route" with the flight>planner. HiIt's the same on my PC. Maybe somebody has a solution.Harald

Guest richpress

I run a further copy of Fly2 on my harddrive fully patched but with no other refinements for testing other downloads before installing them in my main version. I also keep a log of what I install and any modifications made. I could go through this in a process of elimination but would like to shortcut this as the log is fairly extensive. Its interesting that you have the same problem. My unclutted version works perfectly.

Guest desmondw

Hi All, I run a very cluttered version of FLY!! with all kinds of add ons from Terrascene all over, Airports, Infometar, winds aloft, advanced log book, C4TO etc. & I use Flight Planner for almost every flight including Generate route, I never get any CTDs from them although ocasionally when I am decending from Flight Levels through 18000 & I go to the weather/overview to get the Altimeter reading I get CTD. I know this doesn't help your problem but maybe someone has an answer to this which might. Note: When I print a flight plan from the flight planner & go back to Cockpit view I just get brown outside the window, I clear this by going to Spot View then back into the Cockpit View & all is right again.Desmond

Guest andrewluck

The generate route function uses atsroute.pod as it's data source. You might try replacing this file with a fresh copy.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest richpress

Thanks for that.I think we might be on the right track. My backup pod is 9661KB whereas the pod I'm using is 13883KB.I guess I have to find out which addons effect this pod file.