Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Latest Terramodels Texture Pack - WHERE?

Where do I download the latest Terramodels Texture Pack??? I've tried to find in in the AvSim files, but must be missing it somehow. I've searched through the forums, but did not find a link.Thanks for your help everyone, as usual. Sure is a lot to learn here. I don't even know the basics of how to "use" terrascenery. I assume I need to download the latest models, but then what do I do? Where do I put "terrascenery" enhanced stuff? Is there a 1-2-3 step guide for "dummies" out there? Sorry, just trying to figure this all out.Steve

Steve,Sounds like you've got TerraScene and TerraModels mixed up - not sure which one you're asking about. :-)1. TerraScene is a geographic landscape renderer, designed by Todd Klaus - downloading data from the USGS or other sources that you would designate, it renders the data into realistic geography, assigning appropriate textures to land use areas and setting more accurate elevations. There is no texture pack to download for this - when you install TerraScene, it will guide you through an extraction process whereby it extracts the textures it needs from your Fly! II installation.2. TerraModels is a wonderful 3D Model Scenery production program by Allen Kriesman, allowing you to quickly and easily generate 3D scenery of airports, cities, etc. - the standard TerraModels objects are very frame-rate friendly. It requires that you have a minimum of the TerraModels Texture packs (Version 2.1) installed, both for scenery creation and the end-use of any TerraModels scenery. The TerraModels Texture Packs - Version 2.1 are available in the file library under: "Fly! II TerraModels/Scenery". Here's the link: http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=13177 .I would also recommend the model library from Biber, which I believe is biberall.zip.

Randall Rocke