Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Oslo - If you don't have it, get it!

I downloaded Andrew Thomsen's Oslo TerraScenery and TerraModels version of Oslo Gardermoen (ENGM) Airport. I want to point out that Roy Baardsen submitted an earlier version of ENGM and since I wasn't sure if Andrew and Roy worked together on version 2, I want to note both authors.Anyway, the airport and area is beautifully rendered, and I thought it worthy to share my thank you for terrific work. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/33534.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/33535.jpgFor those who know Norway, since I have never been, I wouldn't know where to "Fly" to see some of the more beautiful ground scenery like the Fjords. I know flying even with generic Fly!2 textures in such places as the Swiss Alps is stunning. Is there such a "virtual place" on the Fly!2 map of Norway? Maybe you can give us some tips, or submit a flight plan to the file library.Last night I did a short hop between ENGN and ENCN, but I'm sure there are more beautiful ground textures to Fly over. Well anyway, hats off to great TerraModels work in Norway!-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Hagar

Hi David,I noticed your other post about the ILS problems at Engm, but being away from Fly II this summer, forgetting how to do things, unfortunately I had no answer. I`m still interested in trying to solve this, but need some fresh flying experience first...gotta hone my skills.Regarding the Engm Terrascenery I have credited Roy for starting the project and making the whole thing possible at my site, also in the redme files. Living far from Oslo, I had no chance making it all alone. I have been working with Roy for a good while, first making the tower and terminal for his scenery, and Biber Salsa made two nice parking houses. Then I started making more models, and Roy suggested I could re-issue the whole thing in one package. So this is what I did, mainly because I wanted the scenery to be easy to install and use for fellow Fly`ers.The bad news is that many of the fjords are more or less unflyable regarding the default scenery, I just can`t stand flying in areas where water are high up on the mountains. That`s the reason I am only flyng in TS`ed areas with modeled airports, and those sceneries are found at my site. Fortunately there were no fjords near the Engm scenery! I do have a couple of routes where I also enjoy the default scenery, especially Bergen-Oslo where you directly overfly the glacier "Folgefonna" and my friend Johnny Svensson`s house at Odda, a terrific place to overfly and enjoy in External View!Try this FP: ENBR-BTA-KLD-BBU (or SIG)-ENGM (Roughly).And this one: ENCN-SVA-LSY-RSY-ENZV. This will bring you over the Lysefjord by Stavanger, a fjord which has frustrated me for years, made it manually with Photoshop for Fly!, and I hand corrected it once again with Terrashape/CAD for Fly II, and I am still not happy with the result, but as I have said before, its definately better than the default.Btw my house is between ENLI and ENCN, I`m also living deep inside a fjord like Johnny, but he`s got better mountains and a glacier! It`s good to see you`re enjoying it:)Attached is a fresh shot from my "office", where you can see "my" fjord starting its stretch towards the ocean.

Hello guys,What are the problems with the ILS at ENGM? Anything I can lend a hand with?

Randall Rocke

Guest Hagar

Hi Randall,It is the ILS to Rwy01R at Engm. I think the ILS itself is all right, but David had problems with the 777 there. This weekend I will try a couple of approaches with the Hawker to check the ILS, then try the 777. I remember having some problems too, but can`t say exactly what it was...it is too long time since I flew the big bird.

Good - just wanted to make sure the approach itself was OK.

Randall Rocke