Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

RJ 85

Guest Dean

I flew on one of these yesterday. What an unusual A/C! It's a small jet with a capacity of about 70. It looks a little like a very small version of a Russian transport. The wing was over the top of the fuselage and it had a very large horizontal stabilizer for an A/C of its size. It also had four engines which I thought was really unusual for a commuter plane. I have to admit that it felt very smooth considering the stormy weather we were in. At first I thought it was an old plane but it had a very modern looking glass cockpit. Anyone know who builds it?

Guest Dean

That's it. I asked the pilot and he thought it was British built but he wasn't sure.

Guest CaptainJ

Did the pilot knew how to fly the aircraft???? :-hmmm a good pilot knows his aircraft well......... ;-) Take care,

Guest Dean

>Did the pilot knew how to fly the aircraft???? :-hmmm I didn't ask him that. ;) Actually I was very impressed with the way the A/C flew in stormy weather so I have to give him some of the credit for that.

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Bart, luckly we both have a flying license so we could take it over from him ;-) nice for the logbook take care,

Guest Dean

Wow, this poor pilot is taking a bashing because of my interpretation of his answer. In defense of him, he may very well have known the country of origin, perhaps he stumbled because a disembarking passenger asked him the question and the answer wasn't on the tip of his tongue. I will say this, he was very young, which I didn't know until we landed, and I thought he handled the A/C very well. Every turn was precise and smooth, touch down was a greaser.So your licenses would allow you to take the controls of a multi-engine commercial jet? if so, you should be kinder to your peers.

Guest CaptainJ

It was just a joke between Bart and me, sorry I didn't knew you where that sensitive.........

Guest Bart

"Wow, this poor pilot is taking a bashing because of my interpretation of his answer"Guess it could have been worse, he could have said "Chevrolet". OK Jarno guess we should let the pilot off the hook now.Geez Dean think you could get the interpretation right next time!! Causing us to attack or fellow peers and such. :-lolbut then again..."I will say this, he was very young, which I didn't know until we landed, and I thought he handled the A/C very well. Every turn was precise and smooth, touch down was a greaser."Autopilot?...makes the mind wonder?c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

Guest Bart

yeah, I could see that entry...Date: 09/05/03Aircraft Typr: BAE RJ85Aircraft Ident: 12345From: hereTo: thereRemarks and Endorsements: Pilot didn't know manufacturer of aircraft, for concerns of passenger safety I wrestled him kicking and screaming out of the cockpit and took over...WHEW, lucky I was there!!c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

I'm just picturing this scene followed by an air marshal's taser. :-hahJohn S. MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Student 35+ hours.Virtual: Fly!II, KPHX, MidCon, PMDG Boeing 757-200

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest Dean

>"I will say this, he was very young, which I didn't know until>we landed, and I thought he handled the A/C very well. Every>turn was precise and smooth, touch down was a greaser.">>Autopilot?...makes the mind wonder?I usually fly Southwest. If autopilot is the answer, their pilots should use it more often. :)

Guest Dean

>It was just a joke between Bart and me, sorry I didn't knew>you where that sensitive......... I missed the joke part. Is it the one about the pilot getting sick on bad fish and the the sim pilot passenger successfully lands the plane? ;-)