Sign in to follow this  
Guest swathdiver

Malibu with configurable failures

I just uploaded a version of the Sahara aircraft that simulates certain failures. It uses a DLL and a configration file to accomplish this. You can set components to fail during the takeoff roll, the intial climb, or the final approach. Or you can give it a mean time between failures number in which case it will randomly fail within that average period.It has a readme file containing the installation instruction and a short document describing the panel changes and how to set the configuration file. As I say in the document it is meant for system dweebs like me. If you just want to fly from place to place the base Sahara is what you want. Harry Gentilozzi

Guest Jan

Hello Harry.Nice addition to FlyII.What failures does it simulate?Engine failures or things more like instrumental failures?Welcome to the Forum BTW :)Jan

Jan Here is a list of the failures:Component Descriptionengn unknown engine failureoilp oil leak failurenup1 pneumatic pump 1 nup2 pneumatic pump 2idct induction air cloglpmp left boost pumprpmp right boost pumphyfl hydrualic pump failurelmag left magentormag right magentoatt1 pilot artificial horizon hsi1 pilot HSIn1cb Nav/Comm 1 n2cb Nav/Comm 2 gpcb GPSstlf stall Warning Failure circuit breakermanL main tie bus left circuit breakermanR main tie bus right circuit breakeravi1 avionics tie 1 circuit breakeravi2 avionics tie 2 circuit breakerlAlt left alternator circuit breakerrAlt right alternator circuit breakerbatt battery bus circuit breakernesf non-essential bus circuit breakerhppc hyd pump control circuit breaker hppp hyd pump power circuit breaker fqty Fuel Qty circuit breakerfflw Fuel Flow circuit breaker

Thanks Tony. Shame on me because I have been reading this forum since FLY first came out. After consuming everybody elses great work I feel like I owed something.I really enjoy this sim. I know its getting old but I can't seem to switch back to MSFS even though I buy every new version of it including 2004. Its the old dog new trick problem. Harry Gentilozzi

Guest Jan

Harry.WOW!Thats an impressive list.I'm looking forward to test it.That's one of the things I have missed in Fly.Can it be used for all Fly aircrafts and helicopters?Or have you plans on doing the rest of them?Thanks for your contribution.Take careJan

JanIt only works with the Sahara but it would be easy to adapt to the other aircraft. I want to see how this works on other peoples machines before I take it any farther. I will upload the source code for the DLL when I am done. Harry

Guest tonyc

We're all in the same boat, msfs, FLy and whatever else has virtual wings. tony

Guest Chris Wallace

>We're all in the same boatSame boat?!? Oh, you meant _flying_ boat. I thought I was in the wrong forum for a sec there, Tony. :-lolChris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest tonyc

(embarassed), yeah, flying boats. :-)tony

Guest swathdiver

Sounds great! Would love to have that in the 172 and Pilatus, maybe even the PA28 and 757 and... well all of them! hehehe JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!