Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Soon, DC9 cockpit mod v2.(pic)

Guest tonyc

Thanks to Roberto Vigetti and many of you here, I've managed to change the upper panel to reflect more the dc9 type. Eventually, I intend to create a pod for the SAS md90, which is a longer version of the dc9. I will probably have this new rev ready by the weekend.tony

Guest jjlobo

TonyYou are doing a great job and I'll ask you for some tips soon. I would love to develop aircraft panels.One suggestion. The pilot seat is placed at the right side of the cockpit and in reality in the takeoff/approach he can see the whole picture (runway centered) from the left-center window. I understand you've placed the center post right in the panel centre but it gives a strange takeoff/approach view.I think, if you move the center post a little to right, it will not be in the panel center, but the pilot (from a virtual standpoint) will probably see the runway in the middle of the left-center window (windshield) having a more real virtual view.When he center the panel to see engine instruments the Center-post will be not centered but in these occasions the center panel instruments matters and not the runway view.Best regards___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Guest jjlobo

One correction sorry. Pilot seat at left side (not right).___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Guest tonyc

Before I read your second reply, I wasn't sure if I understood what you meant . It's a good suggestion, and I'll experiment a bit.tony

Guest tonyc

J, In thinking more about the captain's perspective, I may limit the horizontal panel scrolling so that the center post angle and location could be altered in order to provide a more "realistic" view . this would essentially make the panels look like msfs.tony

Guest dajackman

Man that looks nice!! I may have to get back behind the wheel of that again. One question, is the upper panel still the hawkers? I kinda hope so unless you re-did it for the DC-9. I just don't like using the auto start feature. Keep up the good work!!