Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Has anyone played with Panel Maker?

Guest tonyc

I've moving gages and then saving them as a new *.pnl file, yet in FLY2 the gauges still retain their original coordinates. Am I missing something?tony

G'day Tony, Thanks to your enthusiasm I have also started to have a go at modifying panels. Can't say as I've used panel maker but have had a fair bit of practice at moving gauges all over the place. I move the gauges using photoshop to modify the dc930f2_panel.pbm file and then modify the dc930f2.pnl file to place the pointers etc at the new gauge positions. Works well but is a bit of a lengthy process. It sounds like panel maker is not saving the graphics file *.pbm. I have had a go at trying to do what one poster asked you to do regarding the pilots fwd view. The best I could do is shown in the attachment. What I did was to move the whole panel 100 pixels to the left. Not enough to be really noticeable but just enough to move the runway centreline onto the pilots #1 window. The problem is one of perspective and unfortunately as one slides from the pilot to copilot seat the centre post perspective doesn't change so I guess I'll just have to live with it. Would you please let me know where I may obtain a copy of panel maker as I would also like to get started experimenting with panels.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

Panel maker does provide new location of coordinates. I am simply using the new coordinates and edit the *.pnl file. Panel maker has an "Export" feature which save a *.pan file into a *.pnl. This somehow does not appear to save the new coordinates. I like your md80. :-)tonyPs: e-mail me.

Guest Eagle

Roger, that picture does not look right. Moving that center post ruins all views, I would suggest putting it back where it is supposed to be. If someone has a problem seeing the runway they can use the shift key.Are those dynamic planes on the taxiway and if so do they wait for you to land?

Guest tonyc

Wayne, Roger seems to have placed the captain's view right where it's supposed to be. Then again, does anyone know what a real md80 captain sees relative to the center post?tony

G'day Wayne,Mate the centre post is in the correct position relative to the panel.What makes it look strange is that the perspective of the post is wrong. The captain would see the post as vertical. When I took the photo I was standing in the centre of the aircraft. Next time ( if I ever get another chance ) I'll make sure to take some photos from the captains side looking straight ahead ( but then the copilots view will look weird). To give perfect results what we need is a post that varies it's slope as one scrolls from side to side. :-). The attachment shows the view in correct perpective. Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Wayne,Sorry I neglected to answer your question.Mate those pilots are going nowhere! The planes are just static models I dumped using the editor.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Eagle

Roger, that last picture looks just right.Did you get a copy of panelmaker? If not I can send you a copy by email.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Roger,What about a pilot and copilot panel view with the different perspective and camera position? It'd be quite easy. It's just a matter of copying the panel file and then changing the .pit and .cam files. Just an idea...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest Fly II Pilot

Forgot to mention...Really liked that Sidney approach...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

G'day Alejandro,>What about a pilot and copilot panel view with the different>perspective and camera position? It'd be quite easy. It's just>a matter of copying the panel file and then changing the .pit>and .cam files. Just an idea...That looks like it might do the trick! Unfortunately it means another photo shoot session opportunity to get all the shots and for this A/c it is not likely but I'll keep it in mind for the future.I still have those great shots you posted of Sydney stashed away on my hard drive. :-)Thanks for the suggestion.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi Tony,I'm in the process of moving flat at the moment, so everything's a bit up in the air at the moment! If you can't resolve this let me know (although I'm only managing to check e-mail and the forum about once a week at the moment until I get sorted - probably in a couple of weeks or so).The only thing I can think of at the moment is that Fly! is reading the original panel file rather than the new exported file.Let me know how you get on. :-)Cheers,Matthew.

Guest tonyc

Good hearing from you, Mathew. I'll try again. As you can see, there's some good paneling in the works. I'll e-mail you with my questions.tony