Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Tweaked the Registry

Guest pilotsim7828

I think I may have opened another hurricane.........Hurricane " Pipeline "See the attchments; In the transfer rates, What does everyone else get HIGHER or LOWERI have the records to use this on any computer that offers Cable Modems Let me know if this is High or low for download times and transfer ratesThanks Jeff P.s Mind you this stream Is very steady rates

Jeff,I average around 240 w/my cable modem when used normally - I get around 400 when using Download Accelerator during non-peak hours.

Randall Rocke

Guest chezz

Can you share what registry did you tweak so I can try it. I'm using also a cable modem.Thanks.chris-rpll

Guest pilotsim7828

Chris , Go To Start RUN Type REGEDIT, Hit okGo to HKEY_LOCLAL_MACHINEuse the + to go toSystemControlSet001ControlsNetworkConnections ( DOUBLE CLICK THAT FILE )you will see two files , One of them is named REG_SZ, (should be the top one )Double click on it REG_SZEnter 62453 in the vaule boxFile Exit , Reboot Good Luck Jeff Let Me know If it increases any more than usual

Guest pilotsim7828

Sorry JJLobo; Maybe RandallR Has some insight on this, I know before I started this tweak, My transfer rates were only 125 KB/S............. Now they start at 500 and diminish to a steady rate of 240 KB/S, Best rate I have ever seen for cable modemJeff

Guest Colins2

Jeff,Your 'tweak' didn't do anything for my system either :(Colin

Folks...I really can't recommend Download Accelerator more - it really works its magic on any kind of connection. The free version really speeds things up - the shareware version allows you even more versatility.I also enjoy the way it will allow for continuing interrupted downloads, scheduling downloads for auto access later, etc.

Randall Rocke