Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

I made a whole bunch of taxiways..

..over the last couple of years and I just learned how to create a POD file the other night. So, all of the tawiways I had in my data folder, (somewhere around 120 I think), I PODDED up. I have a bunch for Kansas (that is where I live), San Fran area and quite a few I made for Alaska. Many of the tw's in AK I took a little artistic license with as I couldn't find really good pictures. I'm sure some of them are flat out wrong, but since I doubt I will ever see them, it doesn't really matter to me. The only problem I have is that I PODDED all of the tw files, several of them were made from other scenery folks. Too many to count. So, if I offer this tw file, I don't have the permission of the other people who have some tw's included.Would anyone be interested in the POD? I don't really want to upload it to avsim since I really don't know all of the airports I've done an the other tw's that were not mine.What should I do? I'm willing to e-mail it off to specific people if they want, then they can unpod and/or delete/fix and claim it as there own.Opinions?Pieter

Pieter,Upload them, but be careful - as others may have made taxiways for a particular area or state that may match yours, first check the library diligently for other taxiway sets to avoid conflicts. Michel Provencher, for instance, has made hundreds of taxiways and uploaded them - he did a great job, but didn't pod them, so people are left on their own to pod the sets or end up with hundreds of files in their data folder.I would also suggest that you reconfigure the taxiways into 3 pod sets, not one, so they would be easier to organize in a Fly! installation. How about a Kansas pod, a NoCal pod, and an Alaska pod? :-)

Randall Rocke

Yeah, that was my main concern. I didn't want people to have problems with duplicate tw's. I wish I would have kept track of what airports I did. Everything is named by the airport identifer and I don't remember what airport is where. :)Anyway, I'll see if I can't chop them up a little. I'd rather spend my time Fly!'n though... :(Pieter

Guest Eagle

Pieter, email me a copy of your file and I will give you a hand on getting the taxiways in the right State.

Hey, Thanks Wayne. I'm at work right now, but I'll fire off the POD to ya over my lunch break. Around noon central.Thanks.Pieter

Sorry Wayne, I didn't have a chance to get on that PC over lunch, so I couldn't send the tw file off. It is on the to do list for this evening though.Thanks again.Pieter

Guest dajackman

Could you write a quick HOWTO on podding these. I too have several that are pretty close to the real thing and would like to share with others. I haven't really found anything like a quick down and dirty doc on how to do this. THanks and go ahead and start uploading them!!!

Wayne -- I don't have an e-mail addy for you. I tried the forum mail thing but couldn't figure out how to send an attachment.Pieter

Actually, I wrote a little tutorial on this and it was posted some time ago - here's the old "manual method" as posted on Salty's site: http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/constructing...s_for_taxiw.htmYou can do it even easier now with Didier's PodCreator - in fact, this a a great way to pod almost anything, outside of TerraScenery: http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=15891

Randall Rocke

Guest Eagle

Pieter, send them to wayne@goses.org.I am still working on generator power as the electric was knocked out by the hurricaine, but I will get to them.

Guest dajackman

Cool thanks. Is there a way to add buildings and such to this POD? I know there is a way others have done it I just don't know how. Thanks.