Sign in to follow this  
Guest flystudio3d

Another one just uploaded...

Guest ilove777

I now understand how repainting aircraft can become so addictive!Think I'm gonna take a little break now and see if I can get myself off unemployed which has lasted waaaay too long!Can anyone out there explain why it appears that some of the seams on the MD80 aircraft don't seem to meet -- and also why at greater distances some chunks of the fuselage seem to disappear?Lastly -- anyone who paints or has painted the 757 -- is there a "template" available - or is it a "fly by the seat-of-your-pants" type of operation? Help would be appreciated in that area.Enjoy!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/38948.jpgJohn BauderFly! II PCNew York, NYKLGA/KJFKjohnlbauder@aol.com

Guest Fly II Pilot

John,Very nice!In most cases, the seams mean that you missed the correct texture boundaries by a pixel or two. Try moving the texture sideways or extending the texture a little bit more and the seams should go away.Good luck and keep 'em coming!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest ilove777

I've noticed that ALL the MD80 series aircraft which I have downloaded DO have this effect to them - with the seams showing, etc. At first I thought it was me... does anyone else get this too???John BauderFly! II PCNew York, NYKLGA/KJFKjohnlbauder@aol.com

Guest Fly II Pilot

John,It could also be that the original model had this error and, if so, there's not much you can do then. In this case, you'd have to contact the original designer and let him know of this error. Maybe he can fix it and recreate the .ACM model.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

G'day John,< why chunks disappear?>Are you repainting all of the tiff files? ( hires, medres and lowres files). As the model gets further away fly! uses a less detailed tiff file to texture the aircraft. If you don't repaint these as well your aircraft can become a quick change artist at it disappears into the distance.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest flystudio3d

Well done John! :-)Giorgio Gnesda