Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgreenwood

Need help with .htm type manual - Heather

Hi guys!I'm trying to help another fellow who is having a problem. Although my system is opening the file just fine, I had the same problem in the past but fo not recall how I corrected it.Here's his problem, quote:"When viewing the HTM Manual in our download plane, dca_dc3.zip, none of the photos show up on my screen. As I scroll down, I see a box outline for each photo, but each box is empty. No photos. In the upper left hand corner of each box there is another small box with a red X in it. All of the text is there in color, but no photos. I have the same problem with other htm files. Can someone help me out with this? Ist it a setting on my computer that I don't have set right? Or do I have to be on line? Any help would be greatly appreciated."Unquote.I'd like to help him out but don't remember how I fixed this.Thanks guys.Heather "Bad Weather" Sherman

Heather,Sounds like the HTML file makes reference to pictures (probably .JPG files) that are not where the HTML file is expecting to find them. Perhaps they (the pictures) were moved or deleted... Alternatively, if the HTML file was moved but the pictures were not, the same result would occur.HTHDoug

Thanks Doug.I'll get what you said to him. Other than what he told me in what I quoted above, that's all I know but what you said makes perfect sense. Hope this takes care of his problem.Cheers!Heather

Guest sgreenwood

Heather,FYI. I am currently experimenting with the new Netscape 7.0 Preview Release 1. When I save an html page, it creates a new subdirectory with the same name, stores the page images in that subdirectory, then rewrites the html to reference this new image file location before saving it. Very nice!Of course, I still have to be sure to move them both together. Regards, Stevewww.fs-traveler.com