Sign in to follow this  
Rakham

Landing & Taxi lights intensity

On or off for basic Fly!2 planes makes absolutely no changes during the night conditions. Is this normal on Fly!2 or what and where do I have to tune up? I would like to see a real strong white patch several feet in front of the plane.Thanks and regardsRakhamPIV 2.53 Ghz 1536 DDR RAM ATI Radeon 9700 Pro WinXP ProYoke & Pedals CH Products

Guest Qdog

I believe there was a setting in the ini file for different light intensity. But I`m not sure if it was for rnwy lights or AC lights. A search in the forum could helpQdog

Qdog thanks for trying to help. My research on this forum gave nothing in that respect. Many readers went through this message. Their silence does it means that they have true halogene spots and only me have this trouble? :-)Thanks and regardsRakham

Guest Jan

Rakham.You can adjust the angle and the lenght of the beam in the ELTfile inside the World folder.If you have unpodded it.Jan

Ha! Thanks Jan, We are getting closer but unfortunately, the folder World is empty in my place.How comes?RegardsRakham PIV 2.53 Ghz 1536 DDR RAM ATI Radeon 9700 Pro WinXP ProYoke & Pedals CH Products

Guest Jan

Rakham.The World folder is empty because you have not put anything inside it :) Go to your aircraft folder.Dobble click on the aircraft you like to alter.Open with Podview(inside Tools folder)Mark all the files in the aircraft pod,and extract them to a new folder outside FlyII.Now you should have all the separate folders that made up the pod.Like the World,Data,Art and so on.Copy them into the FlyII folder.Everything you change in these new files will alter the specific aircrafts behavior.If you mess up,just remove the specific file from FlyII and Fly will use the original in the pod.Hope you understood something of this.English is not my native language :) For the lightsopen the ELT file with Wordpad or Notepad.You'll find the landinglights somwhere in there.Look for angle and distance entrys.Change them to some new values,and save the file.Start Fly and check it out.Jan

WoW! This is a lesson of dissection!:-) Here is the Fly!2 folders totally nacked! I can not believe this. You must realize that I am not a PC programmer. Ok, this is what I found: ---- Landing Light ---- kspt land ========== BEGIN OBJECT ========== -- associated part in the model light_lon2 <_loc> -- Location Relative to model center -- -9.24,1.98,1.69 -- Range (ft), Pitch (deg), Heading (deg) -- 500,30,10 -- Purpose -- LAND ========== END OBJECT ========== ---- taxi Light ---- kspt taxi ========== BEGIN OBJECT ========== -- associated part in the model light_lon1 <_loc> -- Location Relative to model center -- -9.66,1.99,1.68 -- Range (ft), Pitch (deg), Heading (deg) -- 500,10,8 -- Purpose -- TAXI ========== END OBJECT ==========What would you suggest me to mark to get very strong lights like in FS9!Thanks again. This is a remarkable evening for me. At 57, one always learn something.RegardsRakhamPIV 2.53 Ghz 1536 DDR RAM ATI Radeon 9700 Pro WinXP ProYoke & Pedals CH Products

Guest Jan

Hello again Rakham.You'r doing well.Almost at the bottom is the entrys you want.It says Range in feet,Pitch and heading in degrees.Below is the numbers to change.500 is the range,10 is the pitch,try to lower it to maybe 3 or 4 and see what happens.The heading should be OK unless you whant otherwise.For the degrees numbers a "-" in front will make them negative.That is if 4 is left,than -4 is right and so on.Try to experiment with the files,and you soon will be able to change all files,like engine and aerodynamics,or whatever you like.Jan

Try to experiment with>the files,and you soon will be able to change all files,like>engine and aerodynamics,or whatever you like.>JanOK I think I got that. I will experiment a little tonight. Already 20.00 PM down here.And what about if in a month I come up with a Fly!3 version!!! :-)Best regardsRakhamPIV 2.53 Ghz 1536 DDR RAM ATI Radeon 9700 Pro WinXP ProYoke & Pedals CH Products

Jan,Excellent. I have the right angles. Now I need to remove that 5 watt lamp for a 500 watt one. How do I proceed? RegardsRakhamPIV 2.53 Ghz 1536 DDR RAM ATI Radeon 9700 Pro WinXP ProYoke & Pedals CH Products