Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

I Would Like to Know

Guest pilotsim7828

I hate to say this, But I just got Turbo Linux 8,It`s Neat; Is there anyway that Fly! II ,or any others will Install Correctly In Linux ?Just wondering As I dont really need it, In linux; just thought it would be nice-- when PYTHON 2.8-1 Is hereJeffpilotsim7828

Guest Colins2

Jeff,Fly! won't install under Linux itself.I haven't tried with Wine, but I doubt it will work.Try the Flightgear simulator for Linux, it's free and getting quite complex these days :-)Colin

Guest dajackman

Welcome to Linux. The only reason I have my windows partition is for Fly2. I have been watching flightgear and it looks to be getting pretty neat. I guess I should play around with it.

Guest Steve Brown

MmmmmmI have been thinking about linux for a while. Is it more stable than windows xp Im fedup with it :-( Even windows ME worked out better for me. Regards, Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/wrexhamspace/wasp.jpg][/divHomepage.http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/index.html My United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+ViewMy Aircraft Repaints.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Guest pilotsim7828

Hello Steve;You know ! I think Windows Me , is a lot easier to get drivers in the OS rather than Windows 98/SE, But windows XP automattically Installs the drivers for my Lan card. Which is nice. BUT , And I say BUT........ I think Linux has , some draw backs. ie; harder to install files into that program, Harder to understand than windows, Of course, We do not understand , What we do not do everyday.I think as I go along my understanding with Linux will increaseI also dont like the way linux installs...ie; Winlinux.. cant get the video card to recognizeie; Turbolinux ..cant get logout to reboot the systemie; Linux Red Hat 9 No Problems what so ever, Except to understand it Also I think that Windows has a lot more holes in it`s program than Linux POSITIVE SIDE :)But you know the FUNNY thing is; That IT`s CHEAP...winlinux2003=$ 19.99TurboLinux 8 Server = Free Promo DownloadLinux Red Hat 9 =$ 49.00FreeBSD Unix Server =$ 59.00I have all of these programs And spent Less than I Did for Windows:-jumpy :-lol Hope this helps Jeff pilotsim7828 :-jumpy :-lol

Hi Jeff,My son (Michiel) is doing some experiments with FLY / Wine and Linux.There are so many games ,disigned for windows, running with Linux and Wine ( more than threehundred ) and seen the structure of FLY,wich is a stand alone program , easy to copy and move , we may have a chance.We let you know the results, we are hopefull.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Michiel is still working on it.He already had a glimpse of FLY under Linux.It looks ,he needs to create a Fat32 partition now.To be continued

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest dajackman

I wouldn't say Linux is Harder....But different. You really need to forget the way Windows does everything and learn how linux does it. There are huge amounts of info online when you need help. www.google.com/linux is the best place to start. I have been using linux for a couple of years and I really don't enjoy using Windows anymore. If the above poster can get Fly2 under wine to work, then I can delete my windows partition and give it back to redhat.PS - Those with cable connections can download the OS free.