Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

New version of dh6 needs a few beta testers....

Guest tonyc

since there are too many files with the new panel and aircraft, I think it's important to distribute it as a complete pod. This, of course, requires that any other files that make reference to the original dh6 aircraft as well as to the cockpit mod beta version, which some of you have installed inidividually in the separate folders,be removed. This new version should work as a stand alone, providing both the aircraft and the new panel. Obviously, it takes a small file to ruin things. I have two separate drives and directories. I don't get a crash. I have a file comparator to see if there's anything different and, so far, have found none. So, before I upload a new version, we need to take this approach. Just send me your e-mail address with the subject heading "dh6beta" and I'll send you the pod,dh6v2, and we will see what happens to some of you. So far one individual gets the panel, but a crash when he presses "C". This is progress, considering that some of you had a total crash.tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tony,Have you enabled Fly!II's debug mode?Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

G'day Alejandro,< Fly! II debug mode. >Que??Sounds very interesting. I am just putting the finishing touches to a B717/MD8X glass cockpit and have had an odd CTD. GTFO doesn't record the cause of the ctd.Almost finished (about 98%).Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Tony,How large is the Twin Otter pod.? I'd be happy to do some beta testing. I know the feeling re ctd. I've had a few myself with a B717 panel I'm just finishing.The DH6 panel sure looks good.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

the dh6v2.pod is 7 meg, while the zipped version is 2 meg. Your panel is fantastic. Send me an e-mail on the md80, I want to share something with you.tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Roger,Nice!!!In your fly.ini there are two lines in the (SIM) section. Change them to:logEventMessageErrors=1logEventMessages=1The bad part is that you may get several error popup windows that you'll have to close one by one. In certain cases it's almost impossible and the sim is bogged down so much that you have to kill the application alltogether and start again.In addition to the windows, you'll get a file called eventlog in your Fly! II root folder.There are two types of windows, ones with a black background and DOS-type text generally refer to problems in subsystems. The ones that look like a typical Fly! II window refer to problems with the panels.There are certain errors that are not detected and you have to figure them out on your own. A classic one is when you inadvertently delete an ENDO or BEGIN tag. In some cases you'll get a CTD while in other cases the systems up to the missing tag will work but anything below it won't. Another one is when you're missing a PBG, PBM, etc. file or when the file you're calling is corrupted or in the wrong format.Hope this helps!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

G'day Alejandro,Ah ha! Thanks for the tip. I'll make those changes and see what happens. I think I may have a corrupted data base as sometimes I see only the lights at the far end of the runway on approach and at other times I see the lights at both ends of the runway?? I can't do much for a few days as I'm flat out helping my son move his shop into a mall.Cheers,Roger @yssy

G'day Tony,Mate I'm really very busy with helping my son with some shopfitting for the next couple of days. As soon as I can I will zip up all the files I have and send them to you. To be honest I'm even too busy to do any useful beta testing also for a few days. You know how it is when out of the blue your kids are in strife and need a helping hand. :-) You just drop everything. I'll be back in the loop again in a few days.Cheers,Roger @YSSY