Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

How many Fly! users are there?

Guest Fly II Pilot

Today I was browsing through the file library and noticed the number of downloads for several Fly! II addons. Tony Cervone's DH6 panel was downloaded 250 times while Giorgio's Typhoon was downloaded 439 times.Let's suppose that 1/2 of Giorgio's downloads were duplicates, we still have almost 220 users yet only about 10% of that ever post in this Forum...If my numbers are right, I'd like to say that it'd sure be nice to have more participation and discussions with the other 90% of Fly! II users... ;-)Come on, don't be shy... :-) :-) :-)Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest Steve Brown

This is very true. I have been thinking about this since the post from Wayne about the magazine cd. Hardly anyone came forth to boost our work with ideas... only a handful did. Im sure we all have a favorite place to fly with scenery someone has made. Anyway, less of that Im getting off the point. I know about three people who have Fly2 and visit this forum for tips and ideas or reports of new downloads. All have never posted/andor/will never post. They dont want to. Im not against that, we all have our free will. But it shows you more people do visit here and know our names like we know each other, they download the work we create and enjoy Fly 2 to the full. Giorgio's wonderful new bird is a fine example :-) of the downloads that can be generated. Anyway, if you are visiting, your more than welcome :-wave but next time pop in and say hello.All the best to you all!Regards, Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/divHomepage.http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/index.html My United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+ViewMy Aircraft Repaints.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Guest pilotsim7828

You hit the nail on the head this time Fly II Pilot,Also hello to Steve and AlejandroWhat better place to get your thoughts out, Find the Quality Help you need, and might I say the best help on the net for this type of community!Sorry , My work has got me working many hours, not able to do many things as I wanted :(See YaJeffaka; pilotsim7828

Hi guys,I'm one of the lurkers. I post very rarely. I was one of the original beta testers. I have tested a few things for some of you but have little else I can add. you guys who are computer gurus and developers are so far out of my pitiful league its not even funny! Ha ha. Also, I should mention, I came down with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis a couple of years ago. this disease slowly robbed me of my breath. Frankly didn't feel like posting but truly enjoyed reading posts from all of you.... and of course FLYing. I had a lung transplant July 4th this year and thanks to the Great Pysition, ******* Christ, I went back to work full time Sept 2nd! I doing great. God is awsome!Thanks, guys for your posts and developements. As you can imagine, they do a lot more good sometimes than you know.God bless,Earl

Guest Eagle

Thanks for posting Earl. May you have many, many more years of good health and be able to get back to what you enjoy.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Earl,I've seen a couple of posts from you lately. Glad to know you're doing OK. I wasn't aware of your health related problems.>> you guys who are computer gurus and developers are so far out of my pitiful league its not even funny! Ha ha."I hope you're kidding and that this is not the case. The last thing we all want is to shy away other users, especially new ones. As professors usually say "The only dumb question is the one that was never asked." We're all here to learn, to experiment and, most importantly, to share. Every time I dig a little more into Fly! I learn something new and most of it is through trial and error.Also, this is not a technical forum, this is simply the Fly! forum for the Fly! community where we can share all kinds of thoughts, experiences, etc.Hope to see more posts, especially from "first timers" and to get to know more members of this wonderful community...Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest flystudio3d

I think like you Alejandro. I noted, when we post a message in this forum, that the visiting persons are a lot but the writing persons are a very little number. Try to see please. I want to say, we are working for the users enjoying and it's very important to have the feedback of all users to do what is good for them, Sometime I get the impression there is not so big interest in this forum.About Download number, you noted my Eurofighter had over 400 download and your work about 200.I hope FlyII users are more than 400 units!! Really I noted there are some models (for example Sebatier DC9) with over 5000 downloads.This is more realistic because I think if there are 200 o 400 users interested to Fly in this sim only, I stop To work for FLYII in this moment (it could mean FLYII is died!!) And we must remember to work for FS2004 is nicer for modellers!!!!!Anyway I think like you, FLYII world is not so big, and if users want to get owr models and enjoy with them, it's honest to give to this forum an little contribute with an active presence (not money!!!!)I wish you a very nice week end and I want to say to all FlyII users that I will continue to work for all users ( ...for forum unknowns also!!!!!)HugsGiorgio Gnesda

G'day Earl,I remember you posting way back giving lots of encouragement when I first started doing some repaints. I too was unaware of your health problems. Glad to see that your health has improved.God blessCheers,Roger @YSSYps. don't know about the rest of the guru's but I just love to fiddle with Fly! II and see what I can do. It's not a matter of skill or talent but rather ooppps what does this key do! :-lol

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Earl :-wave All the best to you and your family. And a big thankyou to the guys out there who are creating more quality freeware for the rest of us.Regards, Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/divHomepage.http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/index.html My United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+ViewMy Aircraft Repaints.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Guest richpress

I would put myself in the catagory of a user. If it wasn't for the great input into this forum I would still be floundering around. I get overawed with the achievements in expanding and improving this sim and I guess there is a reluctance on my part due to my lack of computer knowledge and experience to upload any of my very modest scenery files I have produced for some airports in New Zealand. All the tools are available for anyone to enhance their flying.

Guest flystudio3d

At first thank you for your presence here! Then, Don't say " modest scenery files " speaking about your works. They are very importants, because we are building togheter owr little simulated world. Like you saw, FlyII has not payware products like Microsoft flight simulator.Here it's all freeware. The life of this simulator comes from the precious contribute af all enthusiasts and it's not important if some works are more complex than others.A special regard to youGiorgio Gnesda

Guest Doc Parano

Hey!!Don't be so disillusioned !We like this sim... and work for it... and enjoy with it !Thanks a lot developpers, thanks a lot users!How many FLy! users are there ? I don't know . We are !Regards!

Guest Fly II Pilot

Rich,Please don't! If you will, look at it this way, you're not giving us the chance to decide for ourselves. Maybe there's someone out there trying to get a airport for New Zealand and you have exactly what he/she is looking for...If you need help putting it all together just ask.Look forward to trying your "modest files" you have produced for some airports in New Zealand... ;-)Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest HeliFLYer

Hello Alejandro,I am one of those who are very interested in this forum and read the posts regularly. As some of you might have noticed I tried to give a personal feed-back in the last weeks after being a passive reader for some months. What are the reasons not to show up here?- English is not my natural language. I can read and understand English without any problem but was very rarely forced to express myself in English the last 2 decades. May be that is a problem for some other FLY!users too.- I was one of the first in Germany who bought FLY!II (after using FLY! for some time) because I was searching a SIM with a sufficient HELI-flightmodell. But I could only PLAY with it a little because of lacking computing-power until I got a new machine at the begin of this year (and I am still suffering under a stuttering display though trying out ALL hints I read in the forum). FLYIIs technical problems and a very very bad marketing (was there any?) in Germany resulted in turning away of FLY! (I,II) users to FS2k2 or XPlane.Sometimes I believe me to be the last FLYII-user in Germany (is there any other who reads this??? - I think nobody in this forum would disagree with just saying hello to all in german language!)- License-agreements! I made a satellite-picture-scenery for northern germany but the distributor of the sat-pics strictly forbids to publish the pictures. So I cannot contribute with my work so long - actually I am thinking about another way to make some scenery.- To be honest, FLYII is my very favourite because it matches my needs best (Heli-flightmodell, landable objects like ships/houses, HOW scenery is displayed/perspective) but XPlane is making up because there is no further development (as actually can be seen) after the lost of Rich Harvey.-I wrote all this very spontaneous (and without checking my dictionary/please forgive) to show all you developers and hard workers that there is an in0visible number of FLYII-users and even enthusiasts. We all are very grateful for all those wonderful things you give us to warm up our interest in this wonderful SIM! As long as you like what you are doing, don't look at the number of downloads - FLY-community is not numerous but of another quality.THANK YOU VERY MUCH ONCE AGAIN!Georg VollnhalsBremen/Germany