Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Want to become a Virtual Recreational Pilot?

Guest Fly II Pilot

Submit a pilot application for Harvey Air and then take the online test.To join, go to http://www.harveyair.us/Join.htmlOnce you receive your Pilot Number (24 to 48 hours), go to http://www.harveyair.us/Certification.html and click on the link at the very bottom to take the test. You need a score of 70% or higher.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest pilotsim7828

Hello Alejandro;Well Let me see, should I send you a copy of my Real World Logbook,As I do not keep up with it in Fly! II. I would like to join "Harvey Air" ,As I dont get to fly in the real world as much as I would like, When paying for a 2002 172SP. It runs around $ 97.00 USDPer Hour. How much do you charge Per Hour? :)Real world, Total time = 300 hoursc-152c-172 c-172 RGc-310 1 hour Demo ridepa28-140 6 hours insturmentsAA-5B Gruman cheatah 2 hours checkout38 hours Real world Insturment Training Over 100 hours classroom time Now do I qualify for ATP :-lol Jeffaka Pilotsim7828

Guest spenik

Wow! Do you need that Much to become a real world Pilot? I hope to some day but, golly! As for Harvy air, I wouldlove to be a pilot, as long as flying my routes would not interfear with my school work time, I have been having some problems with the searver though so I will try again later.Who else is a Harvey air flyer, that posts to this forum?

Guest pilotsim7828

Hi Spenik;No that is how much time i have accumilatted in the past 7 Years.It only takes 20 hours of classroom, And around 65 ( the norm ) Flying time hours to get your Real World Certificate, I think Wayne is flying at Harvey Air, Maybe Steve Brown also . I know he does a lot of great repaints for them.Jeff aka;Pilotsim7828

Guest Eagle

Visit the site even if you don't want to join. Check out the Flight Training section and let us know what you think.There is something of interest for eceryone.Spenik, I believe your are from Hawaii. Airport scenery for that area would be great.

Guest spenik

Hay thats right, how did you know? Well, If I am not mistaken there is allready some scenery for the Hawaiian isles, using it currently, and Taxiways too!As for checking out the site, I tried to submit a form but my web searver gave me a "Searver not found" or something of the like. perhaps I will try again later.Are there any chartered routs for Harvy air in Hawaii? It would be nice to do some flying closser o home.And could we solicit Steve's help to make a Harvy air colar sceame for the PC-12? I like the PC-12 :)

Guest pilotsim7828

Het Wayne ;Can you give us the link to that websiteThank you Jeff

Guest pilotsim7828

Does the real world log book count as sim time ?and does one have to start the tests as students, Or can they start higher ?Just wondering as I was working on my Insturment rating in Real WorldThanks Jeff

Hey guys, I've had fairly good success using FSIMP and Bill Melichar's Hawaii airports for FS2002 to get nice airports. Bill's done Hilo, Kona, Lanai, Lihue, Kahului and Honolulu. He's been redoing them for FS2004, but I think those are all in GMax, which won't work with FSIMP.What would be nice is if we could get the Isles done up in Terrascene for Fly! II. The Big Island by Don Bishop is the only one that has been redone so far. David Haynes did excellent work for Fly! and Fly!2K, and when I want to Fly! the Islands, I go back to Fly!2K. Don, if you're still here, what say you? Would you have the time to do up Oahu and/or other isles?? :-) Your work on the Big Island was fantastic! many thanks for that!!Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest pilotsim7828

Sorry Bart; I mean that the Better you are prepared on the ground Means a safer flight in the air... Dont you think ?how much time do you prepare for flight planning on a long cross country flight ?0.8 Not .. Just think of how much time it takes to think of WHERE you want to go, How much time it takes to lay out you charts and do the figuring , Getting the weather, Talking to the preflight briefer, How much time checking the AFD`s, Also the walk around of the plane.Classroom time is the most important, It is very safe there, if your new to it, When you dont know what you are doing for the first few hours.Also the time it takes to view video tapes , That counts too !Jeff

Guest pilotsim7828

:-lol :-lol :-lol Yeah your right on that one :)Jeff

Guest dajackman

WoW!! Jeff, I only pay about 75 bucks an hour for a 172. I guess these little airports here in Virginia have some advantages. I did get some good news from my flight instructor this weekend. I am ready for the check ride!!!! Too bad I haven't gotten the written out of the way, that is why I haven't been active in here in a few weeks. Back to the books