Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

Airports database HELP!!!!

Guest Steve Brown

Hi all :-wave I have just completed 3 of the North Wales Airports Llanbedr,Caernarfon & RAF Valley. But I have a problem!!!!Just a few miles from RAF Valley, is RAF Mona EGOQ.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42851.jpg This is a spillover for RAF Valley. The runway is there but no recognition of it in the vector map or to teleport there.Would someone be able to do the dex files for me to add it. You can see the Airport from RAF Valley and would be a shame not to populate it. I can give you all the details you need from the UK ICAO site.Thankyou so much if you can help me... Steveysomdesign@brown8506.freeserve.co.uk http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/divHomepage now open.

Steve,I may be able to help you - first chance would be tomorrow evening. I've just gone through a tough 3 weeks with my job and haven't been able to do anything with Fly! for awhile. Can you post the URL for Mona's data? I've found some info elsewhere, but I'd like to compare.

Randall Rocke

That's fine - your second post (the apparent online chart of airport data) was a little sparse. It had no position info on the runway - however, I have found that the World Aeronautical Database includes that data.I appear to have an e-mail address for you, but would you please confirm by sending a message to me at capvideo@columbus.rr.com .

Randall Rocke

Steve,MONA was indeed in the database - it is incorrectly listed with an ICAO of "EG". I found other errors: improper threshold added to Rwy 22, improper length to the threshold for Rwy 04, improper edge lighting, improper (unuseable) tower frequency.I made the following corrections:1. Moved Rwy into proper position and corrected thresholds2. Corrected edge lighting3. Changed tower frequency4. Corrected ICAO to EGOQIf you'll verify your e-mail, I'll be happy to send tyou the DEX files. If you are satisfied with them, just include them with your project.Here's a view of the corrected Rwy 04 threshold and corrected lighting:

Randall Rocke

Guest Steve Brown

Wow...Thankyou very much Randy :-) You are a Saint :-bigangel This is just what I needed. Im going to have to get my head around the database one day.Thankyou once again, Steve.EMAIL: ysomdesign@brown8506.freeserve.co.uk PS. Check your email.http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/divHomepage now open.