Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Problems with C4TO. Can anyone help?

Guest The Gaijin

I recently installed the latest version of C4TO and have been having a problem. I'd appreciate if someone could help me solve it.Here's the problem:After first generating a flight plan and then initializing Flyscipts! I start the engine, set all my navigation and radio and then contact Clearance. So far so good. I receive my clearance, switch to ground control, check-in, change to tower, check-in again, get permission to take off flying runway heading. Everything is working fine so far.However, once I take-off and tower tells me to swich to departure, then the same thing happens everytime at any airport. After I check in with departure I always get the same message: "on course unabled" and I'm being vectored in a different direction to where I'm supposed to go. Well I trust the guys at Departure, so I follow the new vectors but I'm being sent in the opposite direction and never join my flight plan. So, I decide to turn around and fly according to my flight plan. Of course Departure isn't too happy with that and tells me to change directions, which I don't follow because they are sending me to the boonies. Soon enough I'm on the right radial and am following my flight plan. Once I'm on my planned course, Departure doesn't chastise me any longer and just gives me new altitudes to follow which I obey. To check if they are really tracking me I slightly deviate from my flight plan, and immediately they let me know, so I get back on course. We're friends again and all is well. After a while Departure tells me to switch to Center. All is still well. Center tells me to change course from time to time according to the flight plan and traffic. Finally Center tells me to contact Approach. I switch to the new frequency, double check it's correct and check-in. But no answer, all I get is a small message at the bottom saying "out of range". Now I know I am well within range. So I fly some more and am only 15nm from my destination and contact Approach again, but still get that same message: "out of range" and my radio is tuned properly.What am I doing wrong here? Would sure appreciate some help. I had no problems when I used C4TO for Fly!2k.Thanks in advance.

Danny,I haven't been able to try the new version yet, which I understand is still in beta mode, so I can't speak specifically to the issues you are facing. However, I understand the new version is a DLL, so Flyscripts! is not involved - it may even be interfering.

Randall Rocke

Guest The Gaijin

Randall,You were quite right, Flyscripts! was the culprit. Problem solved. Works like a charm now. Thanks for the heads-up.Cheers,

Danny,I'm glad it worked out. I'm still quite busy with scenery work, but I'm looking forward to some rest and relaxation in the future where I can fly your Japanese airports.

Randall Rocke

Confused. You write that departure tells you, "on course unabled". Are you sure they weren't saying "Proceed on course when able", which is how I always interpreted it?-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.