Sign in to follow this  
Guest spenik

Around the world flight plan progress!

Guest spenik

I have not been doing to much with my abition to fly around the world, but I have recently started again. I just compleated my 16th flight! Out of 63 flights total, thats not very far, but four more and I will be all the way across North america!Landed at Toronto Lester B Pearson, Canada, flying from Sault Ste Marie Canada. I ran into a snag during the flight though. My fifteenth leg was a waypoint! I had to scronge around for a navaid to get me close enough to use the neaest feacher on the GPS. It worked allright though, no harm done.

Guest Steve Brown

Good on you mate, Im glad to hear your back on the world trip again.Its something Im going to start doing after my NASA Project is complete. I had another meeting the other day and everything seems to be coming on fine. I get the final OK sometime in December I have been told.All the best Stevehttp://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/div

Guest spenik

Thanks Steve. A NASA prodject huh? Wow, sounds neat. BTW, what rout do you indend to take on your proposed RTW ( round the world ) flight? And with what bird? A Pa-19 might take longer then, well would be reasonably feesible. Maybe, I could interest you in stoping by Hawaii, hmm? ;-)Take care.

Guest Steve Brown

Well I printed out your Route and was going to follow that :-) But I would start in the UK.The Aircraft would be the Saharah, but I may hold out for the Robinson Helicopter... Now that would be a hard one, but possible.The NASA project is a realy big deal for me, involving teaching others and being on local TV & Radio... if I can pull it off.Its all in the sponsors hands now.All the best, Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/divHomepage now open.

Guest spenik

You would follow my route? It will be nice to know you are on the same route as me when you get started. A few notes about my rotue though. Stop 15 from San Fran, Tobemerory is spelled wrong and it is not an airport, it's a waypoint! And Sawyer Intl, mighigan has a runway that extends over a incline and is about 30ft off the ground at one point You may want to modify my route to land at alternet airports at those two places.The Sahra huh? Neato, I was pondering it as a option, but the PC-12 won me over.If you do decide to waite for the Robinson, it might be neate to make a special "Round the world" re-paint for it. Who knows, maybe some other Fly!II users will try it too :-)Hope the NASA prodject does well. I know you can pull it off! ;-)

Guest spenik

Oops, wrong button..I did not intenend to post this.

Guest spenik

I just landed at Quebec. Took me one hour and two minuets to compleat the flight, but I did it!Only three more fights before I leave Canada, and Start across the Atlantic.

Guest spenik

Say, that would be great! If you could spare the time to make one I would love to see what you ( and Gill I am sure ;-) ) could cook up!Aloha! Robert

Guest spenik

Ideas huh? Well let me see, Howe bout some globes or something like that. Sort of like the UPS logo. What colar sceame do you have in mind? I was thinking White, green, and some blue. I like green! :-jumpyThanks a bunch Steve! :-)