Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Control problem.

Guest Mr Frizbee

Hi there,I've just got Fly II and I've installed all the recommended patches. I have one problem. I can't get the game to work with my joy stick! I'm using a GeForce 5600 FX and I have found the game will only load if I specifiy DX 7 in start up - I don't know if that is stopping my controller working properly or it is something else! Any ideas?

Guest tonyc

First, welcome to FLY2. FLY2 works very well with an fx5600 and DX9. In fact, the nvidia drivers 52.16 will provide fantastic frame rates. I've seen them go from 30 to 60 with no image degradation.I suggest that you patch fly2 to the latest patch. When asked, do not install dx7. In the Graphics menu for FLY2 you should read your graphic crad and the directx8 TL. You need to provide us with more information, though.tony

Guest Mr Frizbee

I have patched the game using all the recommended patches in the 'First Time Flyers' thread. I found I couldn't get the game to work in DX8 T&L mode - when it tried to load it would crash with the error message 'Can't Lock Video'. I'm using the latest version of DX9.x and a Cyborb Digital 3d usb stick.

Guest tonyc

Can you provide us with a copy of your render.ini? It's in the FLY2 folder. Also, what does the graphic menu display? It should show your video card, the directx 8 tl, and a few check marks.....I have the same card, so you're in luck. By the way, in the FLY2 folder you should see three dll related to video: the tridx7, tridx8 and tridxtl, dated 6/18/01 ,except for the dx7, which does not matter.tony

Guest Mr Frizbee

Here's the killer for you! I've just checked my Dxdiag and found that somewhere along the line I've picked up DX 7.1! I'm sure as dammint that the fly installer didnt't ask me if I wanted it, but now I've got it! So I'm downloading dx 9b again! I'm using a Gainward FX card and as far as I can see the latest drivers for my card are the 44.03 ones. I'll try it again after I've got DX 9 back.

Guest tonyc

Careful, if I remember, there's a little check box for dx7 when you first install FLY2. Also, I am not sure, but if you install FLY2 with dx7, I am not sure if upgrading your dx to 9 will fix it. At least you have an idea of where to look...tony