Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

Something to look-forward too...

Guest Steve Brown

Hope you like the choice.I have been hard at work today for you all. When the Seawind is uploaded I will get to work and pod these repaints for you.1. The finished "SharkBate" Help in designing the paintjob was due to Gill my wife, thankyou darling ;-) http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/46759.jpg2. The "NightStar"http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/46760.jpg3. Second livery for "Harvey Air"http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/46761.jpgAll the very best...Stephenhttp://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/divHomepage now open.

Guest spenik

They look great Steve, or would you rather Stephen? I have neaver thought about the fact the Steve is short for Stephen before. In Hawaii, Chris is short for Christopher, das eet ;-)Now, you said "...when the Seawind is uploaded", Does that mean it's almost done?! Is it near compleation?!

Guest spenik

Steve, Stephen, Stevie, How many ways can you write your name?! :-)Say steve I have some questions about the Seawind pannel. Do you know how I can could get in touch with Ken?Thanks Ste... er, Stevie ;-)

Guest Eagle

The Seawind can land on both land and water. It took about a week just to get that done so don't expect everything to happen quickly. Some of us have never done any type of aircraft design for Fly and so it takes a lot of reading and understanding of how the systems work.The next one, if there is another one, will be a lot easier.Mr. Hawaii, what do you have to say about a panel? Are you wanting to create one for the Seawind?

Guest Steve Brown

Ooh now you have us wondering :-eek Can you make panels, or is it a question?I would love to have a go in the near future, but I dont know were to start. I dont have any documentation to follow.One day I would like to create a plane of my own, but one step at a time, anyway I have only been using a computer for 4 years :-lol Stephan ;-) http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/div

Hi Chris,What can I help you with? The system *should* have my email address, if you want to drop me an email vice using the message boards. You can click on the icon in the top bar next to my name, find the one for email, and go fer it, Bro'! The panel - well, right now, as my update message in the "Say KenWood" post says, the panel work itself is going slowly, due to my having gotten a new job (finally!), and my not being a 3D modeller or artist. So this is taking more time than I'd like - but a *no commitment* TARGET date is around Thanksgiving (for us Americans)... *IF* everything falls into place. As the Seawind was originally a Kit Plane, finding good "stock" panel layouts is rather difficult, as many home builders design their own panels to their specific needs.Wayne Roberts is graciously spending some of his time figuring out some floating issues, and reports are encouraging! All of us working on this project want to be sure we are releasing as complete a model as we can for all to enjoy, and we really are very appreciative of the response and patience everyone is showing!Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Now Stephen... are you trying to be modest?? ;-)Your repaints are top notch, to say the least! :-jumpyWithout your help (and Gill's!), this would be taking me FOREVER to complete!Ken Wood Weather Guesser :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest Chris Wallace

You guys are doing awesome work, just keep plugging away at it at whatever pace you can manage without interfering with real life (VERY important!!) We'll still be here when it's done :-) My inbox is always open if you have questions that I can help with.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Eagle

Ken, a target date of Thanksgiving is great. Glad you didn't write the year, yes it should be released by Thanksgiving.

Hehehehe - like the kit plane, things of beauty take time! :-hahYup - it might be 2004, maybe 2003... but we KNOW it won't be 2002! :-lolThe work you've done is absolutely fantastic, Wayne! Took the prototype for a spin - performed nicely for both landings and take-offs! Have Alejandro's initial work files and looking them over... need to find the water brakes! :-wedgeThanks and Cheers!Ken Wood Weather Guesser :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest Steve Brown

Ken,Sorry mate, did I send you the new "Harvey Air" repaint to check out?I think I sent it to my Bro' in law instead... he hadnt a clue what I was asking when I said "did you try her out? and what did you think of the curves?" :-lol On The Feast Of... Stephen.http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/divPS Sorry to Avsim for linking my downloads to you from my website.I dont know what I was thinking! I will change it shortly :-)

Guest spenik

Ha Ha Ha! I do whish I could and I would If I knew how! :-) I just wanted to ask If the seawind will be having any new gauges or such. Because if so, and they are DLLs, I, being a Mac user may not be able to run it. :-(Just wanted to voice my concern and if you need a Mac beta tester I would be more then happy! ;-)

Guest spenik

Well, I am not quite sire If you are refering to Chris or me. My name is Robert, the little "Chris" mentioning at during my second post was not at all intended to reflect my name. It's just that every other boy in Hawaii is named Chirs. Well just about. The most common name out of all the childern in the state of hawaii's public school system is named Chis.I did have a few questions about the panel. The first being if it was going to use DLLs. The second If there was going to be a radar altimiter installed. If you allready have certain base models done that would make it hard to add, don't bother :-)Thanks KenRobert

Guest Eagle

It's good to know your name Robert, didn't know what to call you and Spenik just didn't sound right.In a previous post you said you are using a Mac. Do all the planes, without dlls, run properly on your machine?Just curious, but why do you want a radar altimeter?