Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Do you want it? yes or no.(pic)

Guest tonyc

I am modifying many of Tri standard panels to give them more of a "feel right" look. I feel very strongly about being able to see some of the upper panel without necessarily losing the main panel. Also, a smaller window creates more of a 3d cockpit feel. Let me know if you want this look for the Kodiak, and I will upload it in a few days.tony

Guest Qdog

Tony, I personally like the view your attempting. However, I think it would be better if you could eliminate the sun visor or make it even with the top of the windshield.Qdog

Guest 3dfly

Bravo Tony, tu hai capito che stare in aeroplano non

Guest Lindy

What I would like to see is a re-done (slightly smaller sized) panel for the default (or any) helicopters. With the helo panel taking up 90 percent of the viewable area, it's impossible (for me) to judge where or how I'm touching down.Richard Harvey didn't think there was any easy way to resize the helo panels but maybe someone can get it done. -Lindy :-rotor

Lindy,Welcome back!Try using the Shift/L click on the guages you really want to see when you are flying a chopper. You can drag them where you want to and move the main panel out of the way to improve your view.:-cool

Guest Lindy

Oh, I know you can do that. I haven't tried it yet though. However it's not a realistic option.... sort of like flying from the outside of the aircraft -- it's not something you could do in real life.I'm no "realism" purist but I do have a couple of personal preferences. One of which is that I fly with as complete a panel as I can. I do slide the panel off to one side as much as possible and that helps. But a smaller, resized panel would be really great. If it can't be done, it can't be done. I'm not gonna moan about it -- TOO much! :-hah-Lindy :-rotor

Guest Lindy

I'm still around and still using Fly!2 occasionally... the sounds, the panels... some of the flight modesl, are IMO still superior to much of what I find in FS2K2.-Lindy :-wave :-rotor

Guest tonyc

I am very new at this, so If I am wrong please jump in. A smaller panel would require lots of redoing of the raw and pbg image files. This would not be as difficult as painting one from scratch, but would nonetheless require lots of time. My panel mods have required some new, re-dimensioned raw files, and I can tell you that it's very time consuming. I wish Mathew would jump in and comment on how his panelMaker might be used to resize a whole panel quickly. tony

Guest tonyc

Hey, how did you get my photograph? :-loltony