Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

Paging Andy Dale...

Guest Javier

Some of you are not familiar with this name, for some others it sounds familiar but can't remember who is he.Andy Dale is a great artist in FLY!, a couple of years ago on his quick visit to Real Air left some snapshots at their web site of what he was doing in FLY!.. priorities changed and FLY took off from his hard drive to devote himself to the real life matters (Study among others ).My intention with this message is to gather his attention through all of us who appreciate what he was doing, and with some luck convince him to finish what he started... or if possible lead the path for others to use his technique with Sceneries ( A tutorial would be great! )So .. if you are intereseted on seeing this project ( NZ )finished tell it here.The idea is to send him an e-mail with the link to this message, to show him that more than one crazy guy would love to fly in his scenery.. but can't guarantee nothing, he might not have enough time to even try to find FLY! in his country.Here are some shots....

Guest jjlobo

Are you sure these are Fly! screenshots???? Looks like pictures from real life.....I hope we can lear this techniques and improve Fly!. Can you imagine??JJLobo

I know *I* am interested in seeing Andy finish the Auckland area! He was working with satellite photos, if I recall correctly. Andy had put a lot of hard work into it, and would really hate to see the project abandoned... So Andy, if you still visit the forum, here's one more very interested in seeing this one released! Your hard work is very much appreciated!Many Cheers from a Deep Freeze NZ visitor! :-beerchugKen WoodWeather Guesser :-sun1Gateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest pilotsim7828

I think this is a MUST HAVE file.When you have shots like that , This is the next best thing to being in the real world, Looks like it too :) I am very interestedJeffOH BTW ... nice to see you around here Javier

Guest Steve Brown

I would love to see Andy carry 0n with this work. I think Andy was around before I found Avsim, it would be a shame to lose this kind of information on how to create such detailed scenery.Andy... We need you! :-wave Steve BrownUK Scenery Design/Aircraft Repainter/Chatterbox/Friend of the world/NASA Fanatic/Food lover/Hater of Rabbits that bite/Collector of Italian Women :-eek :-lol

Guest Javier

Hi Jeff, I hate to compare, but this could be even better than SOCAL given the hi-resolution images at lower altitudes. So you are right, this could be the next best thing to being in the real world.It's a shame no having that scenery in the community especially when hundreds of hours were spent , but don't get me wrong, the project is not completed yet, Andy had problems with OPA files and objects disapearing in certain areas, that was one of the contributors to drop the project.But I have seen many problems solved with the help of this great community. If we could make it public then I am sure that it could be fixed and released. The idea is not only to have NZ but to learn Andy's Technique to create other scneries arround the world.The difference is that we are a learning community, everybody wants to contribute with something to enhance our FLY experience, with so much students waiting to be educated... we can just hope for the teacher to show up.PS: What you mean? I have AVSIM as my homepage and I read this forum almost every day!.. =)

Guest pilotsim7828

Well Said Javier, So are so right ! the pics blew me off my feet.and the first thing I do, is visit eveyday here also.even though I might not have anything to say or contributeJeff