Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bart

Truespace and 3D Max

Guest Eagle

Can you use the files from Truespace in 3D Max? Are the two interchangeable?If a plane were designed using Truespace could those files be used later in 3D Max, or must they be converted.I believe that Bart uses Truespace and pehaps he could let us know if that program is easier to learn and use than 3D Max. I have read the tutorials by ROTW on the use of 3D Max and of course to use that program is much easier because of the tutorials. The problem is that 3D Max costs over $3,000 and Truespace 3.2 is free.If I wanted to start a plane from scratch what program should I use for the design?

Guest Bart

depends,"When you're cheap you have to be resourceful" :+If you're like me and this is the creed you live by go with Truspace. Otherwise 3D is a better program for Fly2. With Truspace there are a few limitation on the animation end but nothing major enough to keep you from building a plane.Drop me an email if you want to do Truspace, I can send you some of the plane/panel files I've worked on in it for some reference.c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg