Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Can't fly the French Alps without this..(pics)

Guest tonyc

they are not ready, but I am hard at work.tony

Guest Doc Parano

Tony,I'm Surprised:-hmmm I thought you wanted to fly! ;-) Thanks hard worker!:)

Guest tonyc

I did. But I had to get me a "new airplane" to see the Alps. ;-)tony

Hi, Tony,The transparancy problem is solved I see.Very nice looking panel , but what are you going to do withthe ctrl-up view?Scrolling up or down the panel-views , the shown panels must be the same.I am afraid it`s very complicated ( or almost impossible ) to makethe top-panel-view matching to the main-panel-view including it`s working gauges and knobs.Beware of NON-Functional panels , for those panels MSFS is famous butunloved by FLY-ers.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest tonyc

Ha, yes, Leen. I am like a cat that ventures into the unknown and then retreats. I was thinking about the upper panel, and clearly we have a dilemma. I am curious to know what FLYers think. :-)tony

Hi Tony ,I cannot speak an behalf of the other FLY-ers but I only go forthe most realistic AND funtional options.There is a secret I want to share with you.In the modern kitchen we do a lot of fusion-cooking these days.To solve your problem with the panel, the magic word isPANEL - FUSIONRegardsLeenhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48253.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest 3dfly

Nice Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)Giorgio

Guest tonyc

The fact is that with all the guages in FLY2, we could create a library of guages. Panel maker was written specifically for this kind of work. From here on, it's only a question of choosing the more appropriate ones. One lesson we could use, is how to quickly change the color of a pbg image file so that it blends nicely with a new panel and its color. I hope also that David S. is having fun with his Graphics utility wchich should make the converion of raw files easier and more automatic.By the way, in my other post I show an image of a FLY default panel that is getting "converted" to look a bit more like an erj-145 panel. Notice the left side of the panel and how the guages have been moved. So, in sum, there are creative ways to edit panels without compromising quality and fidelity too much.tony

Hi,When we want to change the colors of an existing image we can usethe options in the COLOR pull down menu (PSP).Look under the option ADJUST.These tools make it possible to change colors without damaging thequality of the picture.I use these tools on every paint-job I do.I fine example is the repaint of the P51.When I repainted the original Black-Cat to the green Su-Su, I used colorbalance and hue-saturation to convert the grey into green.This Su-Su repaint has moving flaps.All the positions (about fifty frames)of the flap have their own texture including the glossy effect.To change the color of all these frames I used these options.In other words:I did not paint all these frames.After some experimenting with the colorvalues a siple mouseclick did the job.Have a look at this file.( the original Pa19 F-BOER by ROTW )I did not use any color-layer just used the Color-tools.RegardsLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

A small demonstration.I made a new "Repaint" of the SU-SU.Making the "Repaint" took me only ten seconds.It`s pure magic.The color has been changed and the texture is still there.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48413.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48415.jpg

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints