Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Flying with VATSIM and FLY2

Guest tonyc

I sure wish someone corrected the slight offset between what the VATSIM controllers see on the ground and where a FLY2 aircraft is taxiing. There's an offset that makes controllers think that we're not on the taxiway. More importantly, as more and msfs airports have gates, the correct location( as seen in the vector map) for us FLYers becomes more critical.tony

Guest Eagle

Any suggestions on how to correct this problem? If we knew what vector map VATSIM was using that would help.

Guest tonyc

No, I don't. I think it's one that requires some real gurus to figure out....What's interesting is the fact that the FLY2 vector map appears ok without Squawk Box. Once FLY2 is on Squawk Box, the location of the aircraft in relation to the taxiway drawn on the map is different. Therefore, if the aircraft follows the taxiways on the vector map, the path of the aircrat in the "actual scenery" is off.So, I find myself having to use the outside camera view and alternate between it the vector map. Ideally, one should be able to taxi using the vector map in fairly large, magnified view. Someone from ROTW should also come up with a way to draw "gate and taxi signs letters on the vector map as a( alternate) way to keep up with the MsFs aircrafts. that is, imagine if we could see the gate numbers, the taxiway signs (we can see the runways numbers) in the vector map. If this were possible, we could simply follow ATC instructions more accurately--even with the airport diagram on our lap. So, how about it. Can someone write a small utility to enable us to write taxiways letters and gate numbers on the vector map.tony