Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Perigrine low oil pressure?

Guest desmondw

Hi Folks, another question I am looking for the answer to. I have been FLYing the Perigrine (Hawker) for a long time now & therefore have a lot of hours on the engines, acording to the history files about 90 hours. When I fly it now the aircraft damage report shows about 40% & is increasing, when I pull the throttle back to idle I get the warning light come on & low oil pressure on both motors annunciated. Do I have to take it in for engine overhaul?:-) I know I can get rid of this by clearing the history file but I wonder will this happen each time I exceed about 60 hours?It doesn't give me the option to repair damage, I guess this will probably happen when I reach closer to 100% damage. Can anybody enlighten me if this is normal or do I have a glitch in my program somewhere?Thanks Desmond

Guest spenik

Huh, thats a good question Desmond. One that I too would love to know the answer to.I am almost sure that it is a perfectly normal problem. It stands to reason that you should get these kinds of problems after so many flight hours. I do very little flying in jets so I am very unskilled in their operations. I usually crash them before I get engine problems from long term use. I supose you could just turn off engine damage in the damage section of the "realism" menu. But that would be avoiding your problem, not solving it ;-)Hope one of the Fly!II teachies enlighen us soon!Robert

Guest lawyerpilot

Maybe you had a "hot start" at some point, or more than once. hecck out the definition online somewhere, and see if it is similar to what you do when you run through your engine starting procedures.

Guest lawyerpilot

Maybe you had a "hot start" at some point, or more than once. hecck out the definition online somewhere, and see if it is similar to what you do when you run through your engine starting procedures.

Desmond,Indeed - Fly! II will keep a record of wear/damage (both normal & abnormal). If you don't crash, there will be normal engine wear, etc. which will eventually degrade performance, requiring appropriate changes in operating methods until it will be necessary to perform an "overhaul". Operations outside of normal parameters will accelerate the need for maintenance.

Randall Rocke

Guest desmondw

Hi all, Thankyou very much for your replies. I am very impressed with this wear factor in FLY!! it really does bring realism to the sim in a way I did not expect. I am quite pleased to know that FLY!! has this built in & it isn't a problem with my program.Desmond

Guest Eagle

The wheels also have an hourly limit on them. I don't know if changing the numbers in the engine and wheel files will extend the life of these items.

Guest dajackman

I too didn't know this....kinda cool. But how do you "service" your bird. Do you delete the hst file or is there another process?

Guest tonyc

the "repair" slider in the "aircraaftoptions" menu will move to a total damage as the airplane wears.tony