Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ivor Bigne

Flydevelopers.com looking for new owner

Guest dajackman

Flydevelopers.com is currently seeking a new owner. The hardware here is getting old and I don't have the time needed to keep the site up-to-date. Are there any Fly(II) buddies out there who are interested? I will transfer the domain name and all data. The current system is Redhat Linux with Apache, Mysql, and sendmail. Sorry, you don't get the hardware :) The domain name is paid up until 11 July. If you are interested please drop me an email at robby@flydevelopers.comOf course I am NOT selling this. I would like someone who has a little experience with the above OS and software, and who is willing to devote the time and resources needed to keep the site running.While I am at it I want to thank all that have helped with the site's content. I have input and howtos submitted from a number of great people. Thanks again.

Guest pilotsim7828

djackmanPlease check your e-mailJeffaka;pilotsim7828

Hello Dajackman!Flydevelopers is a great ressource, especially for plane developper! It would be a great loss if ever one day it would be gone!!First, many thanks for your site, and the great job you have done!I would be ready to invest a bit for some webspace, but I'm quite new to Linux, and I don't know Apache and Mysql (I suppose Appache knowledge wouldn't be necessary if the site is loaded on some hired webspace?). And realistically, I don't think I have enough time to invest into rapid learning of those giants!Really hope you find someone up to the task, we still need Flydevelopers!Cheers!Pascal

Guest dajackman

So far Jeff is the only one to show interest. Linux/Apache/MYsql and the such is not required. That is what the site is running on now. If you want to run it on any other OS that is fine. I too feel it is a great resource and don't want to see it die out. I just don't have the time and the resources are getting low. The current server is only a P200 and it shows when you visit the site. Hopefully someone else will be able to give it the attention needed.Jeff, I sent you a message but got a non-delived message. Hopefully it finally went though.

Guest pilotsim7828

dajackmanMy e mail address is jaakins@charter.net And would not want to see this website go sown at all this is a very interesting site to me

Guest dajackman

Jeff, Not sure what is going on but all my messages are getting bounced. The message is saying that my mail server is timing out with yours. Anyway, Jeff the domain name is yours is you want it. Please let me know your DNS Nameservers so I can tranfer the domain to you. Please sent this to my email address. Hopefully the mail server problems will get worked out. Thanks for the interest!!

Guest pilotsim7828

Thank you for your vote of confidence dajackman. I hope that I will do as good a job as you have.There is one thing I must say. I dont know HOW LARGE this web will get or be in the future...........SO, I have devoted one hard drive , Only to this site :)There will be more room for other Files that people put in to this site or upload or even download from here. I must say that this transfer may take a couple of days, hopefully not any longer!Cheers to all involvedJeffaka; pilotsim7828

Guest dajackman

No problem. The best way for you to get the content is to download it manually. Unless you are planning on running a mysql backend. If that is the case I can just send you the database. Let me know...As for transferring the domain, the easiest way is for you to open an account (free) on mydomain.com That is who I am using to handle my DNS. Then I can transfer the domain to your account. Then you will be free to do with as you wish, ie. transfer to another company etc. Please let me know when you have all the content downloaded, then I will transfer the domain to you. Good luck.

Congratulations Jeff!!!!!Thanks for keeping Flydevelopers alive!Dajackman, I've always liked your idea to have a webpage dedicated to Fly! developpement. Maybe we are not enough Flyers to keep many forums active, but some great ressources have found a home there.Thanks to you guys, many great thinks are yet to come!Cheers!Pascal

Guest pilotsim7828

thanks for your support all of you guys are greatI will check when I get home from work on the domain space that dajackman suggestedThat will allow my other web page no chance of being deleted.And thanks again.I want to wish everyone this site are welcome to visit any time Jeff

Guest tonyc

Jeff, let me know when you are ready. I'll send you some stuff.tony

Guest dajackman

The service I was talking about mydomain.com will allow you to re-direct all http traffic to your local computer. This is the way I have set up the site. I have all web traffic redirected to my Linux server here at my house. I rather do it that way having complete control of the machine. Jeff let me know if you get a mydomain account and I will transfer the domain to that account. THanks again for taking this over!!