Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

^^^Uploading Soon^^^

Hi Steve!Love the Mac one! Good idea for our Mac friends!I just tried to go to your website. Must be nice, but I have Mozilla and I can't see :-eek anything else than the background on the page!! Empty page, not even a link! And I'm sure there must be something because there is a lot of code. Please, don't be too much IE exclusive, I would really like to see you page ;) (will try at work for now)Cheers!Pascal

Steve,I've started to learn html a bit, and Cascading Style Sheet as well. I have a lot of fun with it! I don't do any programming yet, but with CSS only you can do really great thing. It's a shame MS claims IE 6 to be fully CSS 2 compliant because it's not true!Just a demo: please browse this thread with Mozilla (and tell me if it works here, I'm not 100% sure, but last time I tried it worked :-))Sorry happy IE owners, this time you won't see the right thing ;-)banner.jpg")Hope the moderators don't kill me for the free advertisment ;-)Pascal

Guest Steve Brown

HahahahaVery clever that ;-) Not seen that used before. You can now teach me! I did my site the way I did, because our friend Jeff Akins, now of www.flydevelopers.com let me know a few of his little tricks... So I had to try them out.I like to use Mozilla as its very safe on the net, no picking up nasty java bombs and the like.Have fun with what your doing. Steve :-wave http://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/div

(For those who don't see anything special:Steve has now his banner fixed on top of the whole page (I enlarged it so it covers Avsim banners :-sae. Even when we scroll down the banner doesn't move at all!)I was kind I could have covered the whole screen! :-lol Steve, the code is very simple:imageLinkHereImagine the possibilities! No need of frames anymore. But there is more: it's possible to do popout menus with no javascript at all! only CSS2! And then fix them in a corner of the page!If only IE would support these kind of things, web life would be easier.Some CSS links:http://www.w3schools.com/css/http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=/062/062.css&page=0

Now it's too late, I can't remove it :-roll Hope no moderator with Mozilla will step in :-hah Hey Steve I'm very curious about you NASA project!I've been playing with Orbiter since three versions ago, I use to travel outside the atmosphere when I don't Fly! VFR.Cheers!P.S: Wish you full success with your mysterious project!

Guest Steve Brown

My Project will be called WASP... WREXHAM AIR SPACE PROJECTMy Aim: To create a website, to show how NASA are helping people, not just popping into space when they feel like it.How do they help us?In many ways, like for example Depression. Something I have battled with for over 7 years now. This happens to Astronauts on long tours in space. Im hoping to ask NASA how they have been able to combat this problem, so I/we can too...And also, Osteoporosis - bone loss, once called a womans disease, now over 13% of men get it.These things and many more are being studied by NASA and I hope to show people a different side to NASA.If I get it, my sponsors (The Millenium Award Commission) will send me to NASA for the week and I will ask lots of questions for the website.On my return, I will teacher others and encourage them that all is not lost :() I have been asked to go to local TV and Radio, the newspapers or any media, I can interest in this cause. The task will be a six month one.So there you go ;-) I will keep you updated... Stevehttp://mysite.freeserve.com/ysomdesign/banner.jpg][/div

Excellent Steve, thanks for sharing your nice concept!Wish you full success, and a trip to NASA soon! (I would be very excited if it happened to me ;-) )Cheers!Pascal

Guest dajackman

The cool banner works well in Firebird also, however it is a little lower than the screen shot above.Firebird is a really nice browser, I never use IE. I usally sent a nice message to the webmaster of sites that don't work in netscape/mozilla/firebird asking them not to forget about the rest of us.....