Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

Blurred ground - "Again"

I know this has been beaten to death since last October. However, a while ago, someone posted some really helpful settings which cleared up the blurries for me. Well, as usual I was messing around with drivers, and now they are back, worse than before.I would really appreciate it if that post were revived.Thanks a lot,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I saved the recommended settings from that post. However personally I see little difference in my case.(TERRAIN) TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=5.940000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=60.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=40.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4Michael J.

Howard,Here is an extract from 'Flight Sim Veterans Club' the link appears above the message area on this page: This should help you! - your turn to do this next time you see a similar post! :)As there have been numerous post regarding tweaks that "fix the blurries" and "will transform you PC into a XP3000 etc..." of course all of these post have been made with the best intentions and everyone should be thankful for the many efforts made to increase our enjoyment of FS2k2.At the same times we seem to loose our way, so in an effort to help stay on track here are some settings with a description of what they actualy do and whether or not they can be adjusted in the settings/menu.So without further ado:Fs2002.cfgTEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024 ;max size bmp for AC and objects 1024, 512, 256, 128 as adjusted in display/aircraft texture detail/size slider; if you increase this to 2048 and have a 2048x2048 bmp for an AC or other 3D object it could be tried, but there are none available in default or 3rd party add-ons at this time.TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=1.000000 ;this is simply the Mesh Terrain detail slider, for quicker frame rates and fast re-loading of textures(dynamic blurrie reduction) reduce, however if you don't like the "floating" trees or terrain that "pops up" then adjust the detail up.TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=7; bmp size =6=64 7=128 8=256 this is the terrain bmps, medium (7) will only allow the bmp to display up to half of its 256x256 size etc..TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1 1=on 0=off these textures are visible beyond about a 40 mile radius (check box for extended textures)The following are not adjustable from anywhere in the FS2k2 program and have to be manually inserted in the Fs2k2.cfg for max improvement my personal recommendations are to simply double the numbers as there is just not much at all to be seen beyond that. (Tested under max visibility at all FL)TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4.000000(default) starts at 0 and stops at about a 40 miles radius. 9.900000=max number that has any effect. All changes will have very little if any effect on where the radius ends (40) and slight effect of extending the displaying of the highest detailed mips (256-128-64) from the center of the users location (aircraft) out towards the horizon. (Changes from min to max vary by just a few miles) recommend 8.000000 (no slider available)TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=2.500000(default) starts from 40 miles radius and "extend to about: 1.500000=70 miles/ and max out to about 9.900000=100 miles radius (even though there is a max of 150 miles of visibility available to the sim) recommend maxing this one if you like to fly in "clear" air to 9.900000 (no slider available)TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1; no need to touch this, it appears 1= enabled any increased value has no effect no matter what settings are available to TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=xxxxxxFor there to be any real visible benefits to the above settings it helps to have medium to high Anisotropic values enabled in the Direct3d settings of your video card as well as a LOD value of -0.0 or less. These settings can be enabled through most any of the free Nvidia Video card driver tweaking programs such as GTU, NVmax, and RivaTuner. For 3DFX cards there is a script that will allow for Anisotropic filtering however you will have to do your own search on that.Well that

Thanks, I agree, I owe you one ;-)Appreciate it,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest PaulL01

>I know this has been beaten to death since last October. >However, a while ago, someone posted some really helpful >settings which cleared up the blurries for me. Well, as >usual I was messing around with drivers, and now they are >back, worse than before. >>I would really appreciate it if that post were revived. >>Thanks a lot, >Howard Bellow are just a few more links to info for U:Paul

Guest PaulL01

>I saved the recommended settings from that post. However >personally I see little difference in my case. >>(TERRAIN) >TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=5.940000 >TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19 >TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8 >TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5 >TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1 >TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1 >TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=60.000000 >TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=40.000000 >TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4 >>>Michael J. Hi Michael,The two lines bellow have values that ivalid and will be ignored by FS2k2 as max value is 9.999999 for both.TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=60.000000 >TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=40.000000 Also you really have to enable Anisotropy and negative Mipmap LOD values of at least -0.1 to >really< see the benefits of the other settings.Take CarePaul