Sign in to follow this  
Guest GiZBUG

FSUIPC / Joystick

Guest GiZBUG

It seems like everytime I calibrate my saitek x36f with fsuipc, the rudder never works right (never get full rudder effectivness) and I always resort to FS2002 for calibrating.Any suggestions?

Don't have any problems here with similar set-up.Have you put the 'Locked=1' line into the fs2002.cfg file as stated in the documents with FSUIPC?It may also be OS dependant, I run Win98SE.

I was having a serious problem with my X36 rudder, which happend to keep on going to the right, so it required left rudder to keep it in a straight line. I'm talking about an immediate right turn with basically no power.I solved my problem by doing the following:In FS..Make sure you have rudder axis selected in AssignmentsSensitivies: In Advanced section scroll down list and make sure u have rudder axis listed. Try moving the NULL ZONE to the right. That sorted out my problem. Also try in FSUIPC to calibrate the joystick rudder with less deflection to the left and more to the right and compensate by using the Null Zone again.Hope this helpsWill

Guest GiZBUG

Still messed up, odd.

Guest GiZBUG

Any other suggestions? Still a "hard right" with the rudder it seems. I'll start the takeoff roll, and the nose will always pull right =(

1. Get the sim into the window mode.2. Get in the spot mode behind the aircraft so you can see the rudder.Play with all of the intems mentioned above and observe the effect on the rudder as you change parameters.If this fails, go to:http://saitekhelp.simhq.com/borders/quickstart_top.htmand Search/Read/Ask in the msg section.Good luck.BobJust for reference, here is what mine looks like in the fsuipc.ini[JoystickCalibration]FlapsSetControl=0Throttle=-9691,16093Spoilers=-13680,15499Rudder=-2987,6862,6949,16383Elevator=-16384,0,512,16384Aileron=-16383,0,0,16383

Have you tried going into options/assingments/sensetivites and made sure the bar is all the way up....Mine (I have the X45) does that sometimes....Hope you can fix the problem, it gets frustrating...

Guest GiZBUG

I'll try it tonight and keep you posted.Thanks.I am not fond of using those BETA drivers over at simhq. I think the WINXP drivers found on saitek's website should do the job fine.

Guest GiZBUG

What bar are you refering to?

What type aircraft are you flying. If it is multi-engine jets, you may need to check to see if your throttles are linked instead. Just a thought I had it happen to me a couple of times. :-smileRTC79SBBR

Guest GiZBUG

767Where do i see if the throttles are linked at?