Sign in to follow this  
Guest richpress

Terrascene problem

Guest richpress

This is further to my last post on the same subject. Your help solved a number of my questions.I have successfully downloaded and rendered 3 overlapping projects which cover the area from Portland to Astoria. Previously the Portland river did not exist. I thought I would render a small project centered on Mt St Helens.The Terrascene image files were spot on however during a trial flight, on approaching Mt St Helens the programme froze with a window stating:Can't load texture Datad16916564D487D04.RAW. File not found.File: texture.cpp Line 1376.I deleted the pod,data files and started again from scratch.Nearing completion the render process stopped with a window as follows:Load- Bad texture length. Datad16916564D488D05.RAW,-1File: textfact.cpp line 1030.Does anyone know what all this means and hopefully what I need to do to correct the position. Richard.

Guest Eagle

Rich, have you checked for a D169165 folder in the FlyII/Data directory. If it is there open with a word processor and see if the RAW file is in there.

Richard, your initial "Can't load texture.." has been a common problem with podded globe tiles--I assume you podded. It can very likely be solved by simply expanding the load boundaries for the lower left and upper right of the globe tile. You edit these in the scf file with notepad. Use the example below, which has load parameters which expand the bounds by one additional degree latitude and longitude. As for the second problem you describe concerning bad texture length, my guess is that this is probably unrelated to the first problem. I vaguely recall having that message when something was wrong with the tga file in the output directory of TS. I would start over and regenerate the tga. To be safe, I would make sure nothing from the first attempt at generating the globe time is present in the data directory or scenery directory of Fly2. Sample scf: ==== BEGIN SCENERY FILE ==== ---- scenery set name ---- erie TerraScene Scenery version x.x ---- coverage area lower left ---- 41 07 08.4 N 80 09 58.3 W ---- coverage area upper right ---- 42 11 53.5 N 78 44 24.0 W ---- load lower left ---- 39 07 08.4 N 82 09 58.3 W ---- load upper right ---- 44 11 53.5 N 76 44 24.0 W ---- pod file ---- erie.pod ==== END SCENERY FILE ====

Guest richpress

Thanks Guys for your help. I have been having a little play with the scenery files and think I have found the problem. Whether this can be fixed is another question.I have uploaded an image file to better explain the position.I think the problems are directly related to the scenery "Kelso" which overlaps Astoria and Portland.I have deleted the data files for Astoria and Portland but if I retain the data files for Kelso I can fly from Astoria to Portland in perfect scenery, river and all.It is when I have these data files installed and fly in the direction of Mt St Helens that the "Can't load texture data" problem occurs.I think it happens in the transition between rendered scenery and default.If I remove the Kelso data files, while the Kelso scenery doesn't render I can fly anywhere without a problem.Regarding the "Load bad texture length" this doesn't occur when the Kelso Pod and data files have been removed.This is all a bit long winded but it is interesting stuff.Richard

Guest dajackman

How did you make that image? Is that a feature is TS that I don't know about?I was looking for something like that, I'm not quite sure what all the areas I have done.....

Guest richpress

No, you havn't missed anything. All I did was screen print an image with the first scenery and superimposed each other scenery area using Paint shop pro.Richard