Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

ROTW TBM700 EFIS crash in Win2k/XP solved!

I have spent endless hours trying to figure this one out only to find that the problem was not with the EFIS gauge at all. It was a conflict with the co-pilot's HSI. I have removed this guage from the attached TBM main panel file. All you need to do is unzip the file into your data folder in your FlyII folder and enjoy. This file also includes a fix for the KMA24 audio panel that Alejandro Amigorena sent me back in May.I have had two longer winded explanations with attempts at posting this message so my brief message above and lowered enthusiasm is only because I am now quite frustrated at how to post this file so that others can enjoy it. This time I am making a copy of the text so that the next time I get kicked out of avsim I have only to paste this text back in rather than write it all over again!Now on my ninth attempt... this has eaten over an hour and a half I could have been flying :-fume Please enjoy,ZanePS this one doesn't have the attachment

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Now I will try to add the attachment!

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Congratulations Zane !I've just tried your fix and it seems to work :-) :-)We now have to figure out how to repair the second HSI but that should now be much more easier.Many thanks on our behalf for your great job !Jean-PaulSimvol/ROTW

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Hi Zane,Wooohooooo that is just GREAT news! :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1 I've just tried it and it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your hard work to fix it! Finally I can enjoy my favorite planeeven more. Thanks again for this nice Christmas present.Rodger :-) Here is a Christmas song for youand everybody else (of course)http://rodgerchristmann.com

Guest Fly II Pilot

Zane,Congratulations and thanks for not giving up!!!I share your frustration about trying to post here and then losing the message; it's happened to me a couple of times...Downloading as I type.Thanks again!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Guest dajackman

Just want to thank you for your time. The TBM is by far my favorite plane. I feel like I just got an upgrade for her. Thanks again!!!!

Hi Zane, I echo everyone's sentiments here - THANK YOU :-jumpyfor all your efforts on fixing this! Now hopefully Jean and the ROTW team will be able to get the co-pilot HSI working in due time!Time to jump into the TBM and Fly! Need a break from the panel work, anyways! :-wink2Many Cheers!Ken Wood :-sun1http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewkw.jpgGateway 700X; Intel P4 2.4GHz; 512MB RAM; NVIDIA Ti4200 4X AGP 128MB; SB Audigy; Thrustmaster TopGun Fox 2 Pro Shock

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster